Requisition Number: REGIO02296
This Regional Property Manager will oversee a portfolio currently located in Central and Southern Indiana.
Supports the organization's mission and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, commitment to our community, accountability and ownership.
Responsible and accountable for leading and managing multi-site apartment property personnel and regional portfolio performance to achieve objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct property operations to achieve strategic and budget objectives.
- Lead, direct and manage property personnel with recruiting, hiring, training and performance management.
- Ensures accuracy of reporting through property management software.
- Ensures adherence with company policies and procedures and ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Complete property financial analysis of operating results and report results to Senior Management monthly.
- Create annual budgets for assigned region.
- Oversee any /all compliance requirements for assigned region from affordable funding sources.
- Conduct virtual and/or in-person site visit(s) for each property each month.
- Collaborate with development, construction and accounting as needed.
- Work directly with construction and on-site personnel to insure a smooth transition from construction to management for lease up of new properties.
- Develop and execute marketing plans for all properties.
- Manage and or approve all property expenditures and invoices and ensures adherence to company capital expenditure policy.
- Monitor adherence to the accounts receivable policy monthly
- Direct and supervise Team Leaders to maximize portfolio performance.
- Provide relief management to on-site offices as needed.
- Other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to:
- Manage and serve as the internal property management resource for investor reporting needs. This would include working with the finance team.
- Review all service contracts before they go to Legal to ensure the known requirements of the contract are addressed and are accurately reflected on the HUB after full execution.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Four Year Degree from Accredited College preferred
- 5 years of multi-site property management experience required (e.g. Senior Property Manager, District Manager, Area Manager, Regional Manager, etc.) including on-site decision making and management
- HCCP designation preferred and Section 42 experience required for affordable portfolios
- Language Skills – Ability to read, write, interpret and analyze business publications, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to write and interpret reports, correspondence and manuals. Ability to effectively present to groups of people including employees, vendors and the general public.
- Math Skills – Ability to calculate discounts, interest, bonuses, proration, percentages, and to apply concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Skills – Ability to solve problems and work with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only general guidelines exist. Ability to interpret instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Computer Skills – Intermediate experience with MS Office.
- Experience working with property management software (i.e., Yardi).
- Annually attend fair housing, Section 42, and leasing classes.
- Ongoing professional development.
- Frequently must stand, walk, reach with hands/arms, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Rarely must crawl, bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally must sit, use hands to finger/handle/feel, talk and hear.
- Close and distance vision is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and or have the ability to travel to multiple sites in multiple locations.
- Frequent travel on a weekly basis is required.
- Normally works in an environment with moderate noise.
- Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Rarely works near moving mechanical parts, works in high/precarious places, and rarely incurs the risk of electrical shock.
- Frequent travel required.
- Must have the ability to set up office in the incumbent’s home; company provides equipment.