Responsible for picking customer orders selected directly from primary product locations within the production areas. Verifies information on location labels and customer packing lists to maintain high accuracy. Uses a coversheet and cart for voice-directed picking.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Receives coversheet and assigned cart for each series of orders, logs onto the voice system to begin the voice-directed picking process. Moves the cart through the product bin aisles and picks the corresponding products from product bins, places the correct product and quantity into the cart, placing small items into bags or bands together for easier identification.
- Verifies product during the picking process.
- May maintain daily individual production records, which are reviewed by the supervisor, by writing down the time particular tasks are performed.
- After completing the cart, returns cart to staging area.
- Disposes of empty boxes and packaging appropriately to maintain safe and clean working conditions.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Knowledge of basic warehousing operations preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Good reading, writing, math, and computer skills. Good communication (written/verbal) skills. Detail oriented and accountable for making accurate decisions under set guidelines. Good problem-solving skills. Ability to follow instructions, work under stress, and handle multiple assignments. Ability to read fine print and differentiate products with similar characteristics (size, color, vendor code).
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, or comparable work experience.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers.