Nondestructive Testing Inspector
Seeking motivated professional to join Nondestructive Testing (NDT) team in Magnetic Particle and Penetrant inspections for our Indianapolis facility. Candidate will be responsible for NDT activities related to the examination of precision aerospace, automotive and military parts. Must be able to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Level II certification or higher preferred.
- Have the skills and knowledge to set up and standardize equipment, conduct tests, interpret and evaluate for acceptance or rejection, and document.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the technique/method in which they are certified.
- Be capable of providing the necessary guidance and/or supervision to trainees and level 1 personnel in the technique/method in which they are certified.
- Be capable of developing written instructions from approved general procedures. Such instructions shall require final approval by a Level 3.
- Be familiar with the codes, standards, and other contractual documents that control the method as utilized.
- Have a basic knowledge of product manufacturing and inspection technology.
This position operates as a Level II Inspector and reports directly to the company's Level III Inspector for guidance. The position may also report to the facility plant manager as needed when working at a location where the Level III is not on site.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
Must possess basic knowledge of product manufacturing and inspection technology. Must have all applicable NDT training hours accomplished. Must pass appropriate levels of NDT certification, as applicable to the position.
Assignments are moderately complex in nature where advanced problem solving, prioritizing, and communicating with all levels of plant and management personnel is a necessity.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Participate in a proactive team effort to achieve departmental and company goals
Perform other duties as assigned
Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.