Marathon Health is seeking a full-time Medical Assistant (MA) who has knowledge and experience in primary care and preventative services to treat and work with employees and families (ages 3+) at our near-site corporate health and wellness center on the east side of Indianapolis, IN.
This is a 38 hour per week position with excellent compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), FSA, CME assistance, life and disability, paid time off and holidays.
Schedule: Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday 8am-7pm, Thursday 8am-5pm
If you are a Medical Assistant who wants to work in a setting that emphasizes prevention, wellness, and patient involvement, we want to talk with you! Join a health care organization where the emphasis is on health outcomes, not patient volume and billing.
About Marathon Health
Marathon Health (www.marathon-health.com) is one of the nation's leading providers of employer-based health services. We serve businesses throughout the United States, providing a different kind of healthcare program that focuses on total population health management and health risk reduction.
Marathon Health promotes a culture of health and wellness in everything we do. It is for this reason we seek to hire individuals who embrace wellness and model healthy behaviors in their own lives. We are proud to be a drug and tobacco free company. We value the richness diversity brings to our workforce and are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and provider (EOE). We are proud to be a drug and tobacco free company and the selected candidate must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
The Medical Assistant will collaborate with the provider and other clinic team members to deliver excellent patient care. Collect vital signs, patient history, and specimens. Perform phlebotomy, point of care testing, and administer injections and medications as directed by the provider in addition to other clinical tasks. Administrative duties include ordering supplies, updating/maintaining medical records and scheduling appointments.
- Completion of a medical assisting program and/or 2+ years of healthcare experience
- Medical Assistant Certification or registration strongly preferred
- Phlebotomy/venipuncture experience required
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience required
- Basic Life Support certification required
- Understand medical terminology
- Attention to detail, ability to communicate effectively with patients and team-oriented attitude
- You should want to work in an environment where health education and outreach is important to you and challenges you to make a difference