Requisition Number: MAINT02646
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable private transportation
- EPA Designation / Certification required
- Four years progressive maintenance/repair of HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and grounds maintenance in multi-family or commercial property
- Supervisory and training experience highly desired
- Math proficiency sufficient to assist in budget preparation, expense monitoring and other maintenance needs
- Knowledge of Equal Housing Opportunity (EHO) requirements and applicable program regulations
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs consistently and up to 100 lbs with the help of a lifting device.
- Ability to operate a two-axle motor vehicle
- Ability to maintain 24-hour, on-call status
- Ability to operate all necessary tools/equipment to perform the essential functions of the position
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of OSHA standards and other environmental safety standards
- Ability to perform a variety of duties in all types of weather
- Schedules, assigns and/or performs all maintenance functions, including responsibility to complete service requests within 24 hours and refurbishing vacant units within five (5) business days or less
- Supervises, guides and schedules training, when necessary of all maintenance personnel in the maintenance and repair of HVAC systems, electrical systems, mechanical stems, plumbing, grounds, structural elements, motor vehicles and equipment
- Completes move-in and move-out inspections
- Supervises and/or performs all work related to maintenance of the property’s curb appeal
- Implements cleaning and maintenance programs for grounds, office/clubhouse, common areas and work areas
- Schedules and performs regular inspections of all grounds, structures and systems and corrects problems, if any
- Supervises and provides or schedules training for employee use of company equipment and/or vehicle
- Assists in the maintenance portion of the overall property budget and ensures that all maintenance operating expenses remain within the existing budget
- Develop and implement an inventory control program along with a preventative maintenance program
- Responsible for expenditures within company guidelines
- Direct and supervise the day-to-day administrative operations of the maintenance functions including the scheduling and assignment of work, submission of reports and paperwork (invoices, time sheets, new hire/termination information, employee counseling and evaluations) and record keeping functions in a timely manner, including sanding/salting and smoke detector battery replacement logs.
- Purchases all maintenance supplies and materials in a cost-effective and efficient manner
- Prepares request for quotes and work scopes and follows company procedure in obtaining bids on purchases or work to be performed
- Conducts inspections of contracted work - checking for the quality and conformance with specifications and costs
- Timely reporting of any property loss on liability related incidents to the insurance company
- Timely reporting of any work related injuries to the workers’ compensation insurance company
- Comply with all local, state and federal regulations as well as all company policies and procedures
Base hourly pay with annual bonus potential.
Typical hours are Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm. You will need to be available for on call at least every other week.