The Instrument Manufacturing Supervisor oversees and supervises the implementation of manufacturing activities in one or more production areas, ensuring safety, quality, and production goals as well as cost objectives are met. The incumbent prioritizes production schedules based on product introductions, equipment efficiency, materials supplies; administers procedures and budgets. This individual may make budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures, direct and indirect labor; develops schedules and proposes staffing requirements; and directly supervises skilled and/or semi-skilled non-exempt staff.
- The incumbent is responsible for managing both the production process and the skilled workforce that puts the product out of the door every day.
- Responsible for building the best team, training the associates on standard manufacturing processes and ensuring all Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost (SQDC) and DBS initiatives are met and sustained. Typical responsibilities include: coordinating of daily production requirements, managing and training a diverse workforce of dedicated associates, implementing lean conversion initiatives in accordance with the DBS toolkit, and facilitating the communication and coordination of activities between the manufacturing process and support functions.
- Plan and manage the costs for the value stream responsibly, including labor, production, maintenance, shop supplies, tooling and fixtures.
- Manage associates to include, interviewing, hiring, counseling, disciplining, write and give performance appraisals, training and development, adherence to company policies and procedures, approving hours worked and time off.
- Must be flexible to work any shift and rotate when needed as it is a 3 shift operation.
- Must have CNC machining supervision/management background, must be able to reduce lead times thru SMED activities.
- Assist with developing work instructions. Prepare for internal, as well as external quality audits.
- Motivates personnel to perform at peak levels while maintaining a positive working environment.
- Recommend and implement measures to motivate employees and increase production methods, equipment performance, product quality and efficiencies.
- Assist in troubleshooting quality, tooling, and production issues.
- AA Degree with 10 years' or BS degree and 4 years of management experience.
- Experience in leading continuous improvement, Six Sigma efforts and kaizen project team are desirable. Experience in working with kanban and pull systems and in regulated environment is preferred.
- Background in CNC machining, basic machining and blueprint reading is a must.
- Strong problem-solving skills desirable.
- Possess a high sense of urgency, ability to work in fast-paced environment, do what it takes attitude
- Excellent leadership, communication and instruction skills
- Familiarity with various technical manufacturing processes
- Formal problem-solving knowledge such as Six Sigma or 5-why a plus
- Lean manufacturing experience a plus
- Good written, oral and presentation skills(communication) with multi-level audiences
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Leadership capability
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Planning and organizational ability
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.)
- Demonstrated 5S proficiency
- Experience in a metal cutting / fabrication / machining environment
- Assist with and manage projects as assigned. Perform tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of SOP's for FDA requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.