Transportation Rotational Program
The purpose of the DHL Supply Chain Transportation Rotational Program is to develop new associates by providing exposure across all facets of transportation during their first two years of employment. In year one associates will ensure effective coordination of inbound and outbound freight movements, including shuttle service activities for all customer orders and manufactured inventory between the carrier and consignment locations. In year two, associates will oversee the warehousing and/or transportation operations of our dedicated fleet to ensure that high service levels are attained at a minimum expense. Throughout the program you will be mentored by DHL Supply Chain business leaders, network with employees in multiple sectors of the business, and learn the practices and procedures that led to DHL Supply Chain becoming the world's leading contract logistics provider.
The Logistics Planner role (detailed below) is the role associates will enter at the start of the program.
Transportation is a pillar for any supply chain, and at DHL Supply Chain you are a part of everyday life; because a storm or the breakdown of a truck shouldn't stop our customer's products from getting to the consumer when they need them the most. Working in transportation, you will be a part of our business. All members of our transportation teams ensure that the supply chain doesn't break. They work tirelessly with internal and external parties to guarantee the best solution for the customer. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and you are looking for a good challenge to grow your career in transportation; DHL has the opportunity for you.
Ensure effective coordination (including maximizing service and cost performance) of inbound and outbound freight movements, including shuttle service activities for all customer orders and manufactured inventory between the carrier and consignment locations.
- Build and validate (cost, service) daily load plan through EFMS, Topex, or TMS system or Red PrairieRoute interactive, expedite requests and ensure all principal request carrier selections are honored
- Ensure carrier receipt of daily load tenders via 204, fax, or TMS equip
- Coordinate appointment acquisition to ensure adherence to customer delivery requirements
- Communicate frequently with internal (DHL Supply Chain transportation, customer support, operations) and external customers (carriers, client transportation, client Customer Service Organizations) to ensure consistency in direction and expectations
- Coordinate carrier pickup times, and provide daily shipment plan to distribution center
- Identify and execute continuous improvement opportunities that improves financial performance and service levels, enhancing value proposition for internal and external customers
- Identify compliance issues and participate in metric feedback process. Propose possible remedies / action plans to Operations supervisor
- Yard and shuttle service supervision.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, required
- 0-3 years of logistics industry experience
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Facts and Figures