Engineering Design Graphics Intern
JOIN THE TEAM THAT'S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we're driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis, Indiana for an Engineering Design Graphics Intern.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward!
As a Design Graphics Intern, you will be involved in various aspects of the design process. Your key learning and development areas include solid model creation, 2D drawings and developing NX proficiency. You will work closely with the assigned supervisor and complete a specific engineering project during the assignment. Interns with Allison Transmission, Inc. will be required to commit to a minimum of 10-weeks per assignment.
- Create and modify using NX parametric 3D models/fully defined 2D drawings working from sketches, layouts, notes or verbal instructions from engineers or layout designers.
- Make simple calculations to define drawing dimensions and requirements.
- Use available standards and processes to assure accuracy and completeness of the drawing specifications.
- Enter required data in PLM system.
- Occasionally works with internal and external customers on material and supplier quality specifications.
- Present project results to management staff along with technical analysis of activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- College undergraduate or graduate status with 1-3 years at an accredited college or university, pursing a degree in engineering technology, design graphics or related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- No experience requirement – current enrollment in a 4-year technology program
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well in a business setting and across functional areas
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- CAD coursework
- Basic layout understanding and detailing experience on transmission components or comparable products
- Familiarization with geometric design and tolerance.
- US Person*
- Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Intern with Allison Transmission, Inc. must be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Dedicated mentor throughout the internship assignment
- Students vs. Mentors softball and kickball tournament
- Community service day
- Leadership meet & greet event
- Allison Transmission Vehicle Ride & Drive on the test track
- Opportunities to work cross-functionally in a Global Headquarters
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any of the careers information, please contact us at 317-242-5000.