The Big Data & Analytics practice is an initiative focused on data analytics, business intelligence, machine learning and emerging big data technologies.
BKD is looking to hire a Data Analytics Senior Consultant / Managing Consultant. This position will work with BKD's data analytics and digital forensics teams in completing data analytics projects and the development of analytics solutions for a variety of industries and business purposes. The position requires a strong interest in leveraging data for greater insights into an organization with a focus on developing data visualization solutions for clients. Future career path for this individual could include business development and selling responsibilities.
The Data Analytics Managing Consultant may be located in one of the following BKD offices: Kansas City, MO; Dallas, TX; Indianapolis, IN; Houston, TX; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO
- Collaborate with others within the practice to determine analytics needs for projects
- Plan, develop and perform routine analytics procedures to identify unusual trends, patterns and relationships in transactional, attribute-based and unstructured data sets
- Design data-driven solutions and models to solve client issues
- Work with disparate data sets from multiple client systems to develop comprehensive analytical models
- Design and build client-facing deliverables within data analysis and data visualization software
- Bachelor's degree required, Major in Computer Science a plus.
- Coursework in computer science, analytics, information systems or a related field preferred
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required
- Experience with some of the following software packages: ACL; IDEA; Arbutus; Tableau; Python; Power BI; SQL Server Database; R; Analyst's Notebook; SSPS
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Experience applying advanced statistical methods to solve business problems
- Proficient with machine learning tools and concepts
- Familiarity with Visual Basic, Ruby, Scala, Python or other programming languages
- Familiarity with Hadoop/Spark ecosystems
- Ability to prioritize and execute recurring and non-recurring tasks
- Project management experience preferred
- Ability to understand business environments in various industries
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Discipline to perform detailed analytics while maintaining focus on the overall project objectives
- Data analysis and problem solving skills
- Team-oriented and collaborative work style
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- High attention to detail
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
At BKD, our mission is to provide rewarding career opportunities and invest in the success of our people. Through award-winning learning and development, coaching and career advocacy programs, you will have the tools to make every play count and reach your professional goals. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to influence innovation and build long-lasting relationships. As a BKDer, you will be able to learn, lead, serve and be recognized for your contributions.
As a part of our People First culture, we invest in the well-being of our Trusted Advisors so they can provide Unmatched Client Service®. Click here to learn how we invest in our people: bkd.com/careers/our-investment-in-our-people.
Make your next play at BKD.
About BKDBKD, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,900 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.