We Are Hiring
Certified Surgical Technologist - Full Time Days - Sign-On Bonus - Available for Experienced Applicants
2001 - 86th St. Indianapolis, IN 46260
- 5 hours/week (6:30A - 5P, 3 days/week & one 9A - 5P Call Day)
- Or (five 7.5 hour days 7A - 5P each week.)
- Weekend and Holiday Call requirement - 30 minute response time
- Experience with Da Vinci & Laparoscopy
- CST & BLS Certifications by time of Hire
- Experience with OR Cases and Heart a plus.
About the Surgery Unit:
Come work in a supportive environment with room to grow and sharpen your skill set. Surgical Specialties; Cardiac, Vascular, Thoracic, Cardiac Transplant and VAD and Pediatric Transplant. This is a great learning opportunity and you will have potential to work anywhere with this experience. St Vincent Indianapolis is the flagship hospital which is large scale, but we will teach every associate and make you feel at home.
Consistently the St. Vincent Heart Center program is rated #1 in the state and in the top 10% of hospitals in the country. Largest Cardiac Transplant program in the state.
About the Staff:
50 Associates, 9 OR Suites including 2 Hybrid Suites.
About St Vincent:
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more
If you're looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future; join our team!
What Indy has to Offer:
The people of Indianapolis are famous for their friendliness and generosity. Whether you need help with a flat tire, directions to get someplace or a helping hand with your groceries, Indy folks will never leave you hanging. As big as Indianapolis has become it still manages to maintain its small-town values when it comes to friendliness, hospitality, and plain old good vibes.
The overall cost of living in Indianapolis is about 12% lower than the national average, which makes it one of the more affordable cities in the country. Healthcare, groceries, and utilities are all significantly cheaper in Indianapolis, but the real whopper is the cost of housing.
Indiana's business-friendly climate has sent the job market in Indianapolis skyrocketing, with the city ranking #16 on Glassdoor's list of the top 25 cities for jobs. Indy is a great place to grow your career or explore a new professional path. In recent years the city has also emerged as a surprising tech hub, with many budding startups and tech companies choosing Indianapolis for their home base. Other strong industries in the city include advanced manufacturing, finance and insurance and information technology.
Indy has it all, from food, to culture, to entertainment. Make Indianapolis your home, and come grow with St Vincent.
CST, C.S.T, Certified Surgical Technologist, Surg Tech, Surgical Tech, Heart Surgery, CVOR, Cardio Vascular
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Certified Surgical Technologist with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to facilitate the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hands required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)