The Car Washer rinses, dries, wipes clean and shines new and used display inventory vehicles inside and outside to meet dealership and manufacture's specifications.
- Assists the sales department and team to move, park and rearrange cars
- Returns vehicles to display area, parked in the proper position meeting manufacturer's standards after cleaning
- Washes vehicle exterior, cleans interior and exterior windows, clears vehicles of dust/debris/fingerprints accumulated from being on display and wipes down doorjambs as required
- Rinses all vehicles on the front outdoor display line of dust and debris accumulated from outdoor conditions
- Vacuums interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris
- Shines and cleans all inside and outside display vehicles' tires and wheels
- Maintains power washer vehicle, monitors gas usage, and other necessary equipment for job
- Drives vehicles to and through the car wash in a safe manner
- When not assigned to wash cars removes trash, empties trash barrels and cleans work areas
- Fills vehicles with fuel
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner
- Uses proper eye, hand, and body protection when using products that require protection
- Understands and follows work rules and procedures
- Follows all attendance and punctuality standards with adherences to timekeeping standards including recording time of arrival, departure and all breaks
- Follows lawful directions from supervisors
- Upholds the company's non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements
- Attends company meetings as required.
- Works evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Maintains a professional appearance and a neat work area in accordance with company policy
- Other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
The Company is committed to hiring a diverse and qualified workforce. We will not consider any characteristic or category protected by state or federal law in hiring or employment decisions, including but not limited to race, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, status as a parent, or genetic information.
- Ability to safely drive vehicles both automatic and manual transmission.
- Good communication skills
- Good customer services skills
- Ability to perform basic math
- Ability to understand and follow work rules and procedure
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to interact well with others
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Works well in a team environment
- Able to work will with a diverse group of people
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medium Work- lifting, pulling or pushing up to 50 pounds occasionally, or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, or 10 pounds of constantly as required to move objects
This position requires the ability to stand, sit, crawl, climb, stoop, kneel, reach, grasp.
This position requires the ability to talk and hear
This position works in a covered area but will also work outside and could experience heat and cold, hazards and noise
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Standard Business Hours with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent; three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent; six months or more of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (Certification/Licenses/Registrations)
Valid driver's license Individuals under the age of eighteen (18) may not drive vehicles off of the dealership premises.