Covance is now part of LabCorp. LabCorp, an S&P 500 company, is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care. LabCorp reported net revenues of over $10 billion in 2017.
We are recruiting for a Speciality Business Development Director. We are looking for someone with a strong scientific knowledge with Sales experience.
- Responsible for selling highly scientific Translational Biomarker and Diagnostic Services, Vaccine Services and Genomic Testing to targeted accounts.
- Engages external and internal stakeholders on a range of scientific testing services in the area of biomarkers, laboratory drug development testing, anatomic pathology and histology, companion diagnostics, Vaccine services and Genomic Testing.
- Achieves annual sales plan and sales targets for assigned accounts.
- Establishes nurtures and grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
- Develops account plans and strategies to gain business in assigned accounts in collaboration and partnership with other Covance team members.
- Provides weekly sales activity reports to management.
- Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan; Follows up on leads.
- Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
- Sells the business unit's capabilities and differentiation frameworks.
- Recognizes and communicates sales opportunities for other business units.
- Sets and manages customer expectations.
- Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
- Organizes and hosts client visits.
- Evaluates quotations for territory and provides inputs to ensure client and company requirements are met.
- Uses SFDC to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required for the business unit.
- Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
- Collaborates effectively with sales executives from other Covance units to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win multi-unit projects.
- Assists in determining margins and pricing with Client Services.
- Participates in proposal scope development as appropriate.
- Maintains frequent personal contact with clients.
- Participates in corporate teams to build relationships with key accounts.
- Leads client presentations.
- Supports an established client base where appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in life science or business field required. Prefer Master's degree in life sciences, biology, or science-related field with particular focus on biomarkers, anatomic pathology & histology, translational medicine, or companion diagnostics.
- Advanced industry knowledge
- Demonstrated client retention skills
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
- Ability to differentiate Covance from competitors
- Strong working relationship with internal Covance management and site leadership
- Demonstrated ability to acquire and grow client base
- 4-5 year's sales (or relevant) experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech section with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers