Requisition Number: BOXOF01636
OVERVIEW: The Box Office Member Services Specialist is responsible for providing excellent service to all museum ticket purchasers and specialized services to museum members. The incumbent maintains accurate membership records, coordinates will-call for museum visitors, works in collaboration with box office team while striving to meet or exceed membership sales goals, and providing exceptional customer service to museum visitors, members, donors, and staff. She/he acts as customer service liaison to Museum visitors and members. The incumbent will be courteous at all times to visitors, patrons and fellow staff and demonstrate flexibility and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Box Office Manager
*Standard work schedule is Wednesday - Sunday 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. with occasional evening hours.
1. Provides exceptional service in daily, extensive face-to-face contact with museum patrons. Remains approachable and inviting at all times. Provides support and assistance to customers with questions, problems, or concerns. Amicably resolves matters with dissatisfied members. Reports customer concerns and comments effectively, appropriately and in a timely manner. Recognizes and reports trends in member behavior. Serves as a role model for customer service standards for Visitor Relations staff.
2. Using admissions software, accurately and efficiently sells products to guests including admission tickets, membership sales, renewals, upgrades, account maintenance, special event tickets, ticket will call and member card replacements. Enthusiastically promotes items to increase museum revenue opportunities, and delivers exceptional service when assisting customers with visit planning and/or other needs.
3. Using admissions software, accurately and efficiently enters customer demographic data including. Maintains data entry standards as defined by the museum and ensures that complete customer information is entered. Upholds data privacy standards as outlined in museum policy.
4. Ensures appropriate levels of all materials and supplies at the Membership Services area and Membership Kiosk. (Includes membership handouts and brochures, membership application forms, ticket stock, and general office supplies.) Ensures that on-stage work space is neat and organized at all times.
5. Coordinates organization and completion of manual data entry and sales from Membership Kiosk. Responsible for ensuring applications are returned, sold, completed and filed at the end of each shift. Oversees maintenance of the Will Call ticket storage and distribution.
6. Maintains excellent product knowledge. Serves as an information resource to visitors. Self-educates on new and/or current information regarding museum events, programs, activities, and community events by appropriately use of email, museum website and intranet. Uses first-hand knowledge and understanding of the museum in order to effectively provide excellent customer service. Maintains consistent communication with supervisor regarding museum and/or product questions, concerns, and suggestions.
7. Follows cash handling standards throughout shift. Balances own user cash drawer at the end of the shift and follows cash handling procedures at all times. Performs closing procedures as outlined in Box Office procedures, at least once a week and as assigned, ensuring that nightly deposits are balanced and all end of day reports are completed. Performs box office opening procedures, as needed.
8. Serves as a team leader in striving to meet membership sales goals. Brainstorms ideas to improve member benefits and drive membership sales. Acts as a resource to the member kiosk staff, providing resources and sales assistance as needed.
9. Understands urgency of box office ticketing queue and appropriately assists general ticket purchasers when member services queue is empty. Models excellent time management skills, seeking out data entry projects during slow periods and maintaining customer-centric work environment regardless of visitation levels.
10. Remains well trained and knowledgeable in other areas of the department, and is cross-utilized in those areas as needed. Balances on-going daily responsibilities with special projects/tasks or other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor or department managers.
1.One (1) year of hospitality experience, proven experience in customer service, retail or similar skills. Must demonstrate customer service skills to effectively handle visitor questions and concerns with the proper resources.
2. Excellent verbal, written, data entry, and inter-personal communication skills. Must be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work independently with strong decision making skills. Must display a positive attitude, enthusiasm for serving customers and contribute to an overall positive atmosphere.
3. Computer experience in a Windows environment. Must possess strong data entry skills and quick understanding of new software procedures.
4. Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments to meet the needs of staff and visitors.
5. Must have experience with handling a large volume of cash and/or other types of payment, and possess the skills for accurately accounting for that money. Must acknowledge the importance of security of cash and the systems in place to monitor the security when working in an area that require money handling.
6. Must be able to maintain a positive working relationship with a large team of diverse staff, volunteers and visitors and consistently have a friendly approach when working with others.
7. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, some evening events and special staff meetings. Must be willing to wear a uniform including polo shirt and khaki pants and occasional additional uniform items to promote museum exhibits.
1. Must be able to visually track and exchange money and view computer monitor.
2. Requires the ability to communicate via telephone, one-on-one with visitors to receive and/or relay information and the ability to communicate in a high traffic or noisy environment.
3. Requires the ability to hear staff and guests to respond quickly to their information, questions, or concerns. Ability to hear tones to respond to staff and guests calls and radio traffic.
4. Requires the dexterity handle cash, use a computer keyboard, phone, ticket printer, handle cash, etc.
5. Requires the ability to quickly negotiate various spaces throughout the museum, sit or stand for long periods of time; Lift up to 30 lbs and tolerate dust in the environment.
*Special consideration given to bi-lingual, Spanish speaking individuals.