- Business, Finance, or Real Estate Major
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of returns-based metrics including cap rates, leveraged/unleveraged returns, IRR and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Ability to learn multi-task and quickly complete projects with a high degree of accuracy.
- Professional demeanor and attitude
- High degree of self-initiative and drive
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to take direction, ask clarifying questions and provide efficient/effective results
- Conduct statistical analysis and research for Buckingham target markets for new development and acquisition opportunities. Analysis and research to include:
- Market demographics and key market indicators (supply/demand, household growth, rent growth, vacancy, unemployment)
- Comparable project research – shopping apartments
- Land owner research
- Leasing data
- Prepare comprehensive, professional presentation materials that include exhibits of development merits, demographic analysis, market analysis and competitive product evaluation.
- Organize and prepare data and analysis in proforma format for the purpose of analyzing new deals.
- Working with the CFO, assist with preparing and distributing lender and investor packages for development projects and opportunities.
- Assist with preparing proposals and RFP's in response to development and/or acquisition opportunities.
Assist with other facets of a development or acquisition project/opportunity as assigned
Contacts and Liaisons:
The Investment Intern will regularly communicate with all necessary Buckingham Company employees, outside vendors and other individuals as deemed necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
This internship will be 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.