Operations Specialist - Pittsburgh-Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Millennia Housing Management is looking for a Operations specialist for a portfolio of properties in the Pittsburgh-Harrisburg, Pennsylvaniaarea.
This position will support the Regional Property Manager with duties, which include covering properties, assisting with REACs/ MORs and helping with administrative duties.
- Executes the business plan while achieving or exceeding established P&L objectives.
- Works in a variety of support functions that may include marketing, operational consistencies, and personnel support.
- Help support and ensure successful company initiatives and operational rollouts.
- Maintain regular property visits, which include file inspections, compliance, inspecting vacant units, grounds, and amenities while providing suggestions/solutions for areas of improvement.
- Assist in the execution of MHMs marketing and training expectations.
- Assist with the quarterly inspections at the properties and help resolve the issues that are a result of the inspection.
- Work with Regional Managers on special projects and ensure timely roll-out and execution of new initiatives.
- Identify areas of opportunities for capital improvements across the organization, including opportunities to improve revenue, increase margin, reduce cost, and increase profitability throughout the organization, all while improving efficiency.
- Cultivate and manage healthy relationships with strategic partners and vendors
- Retain, and develop a high-performing team.
- Consistently demonstrates a passion for values alignment, focus, simplicity, and clarity across the portfolio.
Administrative and Compliance
- Assist in the preparation of MOR (Management & Occupancy Review) audits.
- Assist with maintaining delinquencies throughout the portfolio.
- Ensure the completion of all recertification paperwork within its required deadline.
- Ensures property’s filing system is maintained daily, including applicant/resident, accounting, vendor, and contract files.
- Conduct pre-audit inspections and work with Property Manager and Regional Manager to create a plan of correction, implement, and follow-up to ensure all compliance issues are resolved.
- Work with Property Managers to ensure resident files are certified and/or re-certified according to standards.
- Maintains a positive customer relations attitude.
- Physically inspects units and Communities to ensure it meets MHM standards.
- Implement all phases of leasing and resident retention plan.
- Ensure monthly lease renewals and recertifications deadlines are met.
- Verify marketing and advertising campaigns for apartment leasing, in conjunction with the Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan, are upheld.
Required Education and abilities
- Bachelors Degree required or
- 5+ years of experience in property management with the ability to motivate staff and communicate effectively.
- 5+ years’ experience working with LIHTC/Section 8 property management.
- 5+ years of affordable housing experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with Microsoft software applications and Onesite software.
- Ability to travel up to 90%
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Must be comfortable with addressing issues, and solving problems in a practical and healthy manner
- Ability to empathize with residents and staff while still enforcing company rules and policies.
- Knowledge of state and local landlord/tenant laws and applicable building codes
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
- Must have expert level computer experience in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook and Onesite
- Must be thorough, reliable, responsible, honest, organized, flexible and service-oriented
Grooming & Uniform
- Must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
Work is performed indoors and outdoors in a residential setting with regular exposure to cold, heat, noise, people, and equipment.
Background Check Process
The information in your resume and application, including employment history, educational history, and credentials/certifications, are subject to verification.
About The Millennia Companies®
The Millennia Companies® is a vertically integrated real estate company, based out of Cleveland, Ohio, comprised of Millennia Housing Management (MHM), Millennia Housing Development (MHD), Millennia Housing Capital (MHC), American Preservation Builders (APB), Millennia Commercial Group (MCG), and the Millennia Hospitality Group (MHG). The Millennia Companies® specializes in the acquisition, rehabilitation, and management of affordable and market-rate properties. The Millennia Companies® was founded in 1995 by Frank T. Sinito and has since become a multidimensional, diverse company that manages 30,000 units across 26 states.
We believe that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. The assigned responsibilities should not limit that contribution. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor our company to only the work identified. We expect that each employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary, to ensure the success of our endeavors.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment is considered solely on the basis of job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.