In 2018, the EIG Engineering Tools Team was created to bring together understanding and best practices for managing and enhancing critical engineering and development tools as enterprise services.
As a Software Engineer, you will work with a distributed agile team to evaluate, configure, update, and administer the tools that power our Product Development teams around the globe. You’ll maintain highly available, scalable services providing continuous integration, source control, issue tracking, and documentation to the enterprise, including OpenShift Kubernetes, Jira, Confluence, Github, BitBucket, Artifactory, and more.
- Be the main point of contact for APAC user community for all our core engineering tools.
- Setup global instances of engineering tools on private cloud or in AWS.
- Develop quality testable code to automate repetitive manual tasks associated with administering our toolset.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements and implement solutions for new projects, new workflows and resolve permissions, among others.
- Participate in system design and planning sessions for the development and maintenance of our engineering tools.
- Review, recommend and execute upgrade, maintenance and patching activities for our toolset.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies, products and services.
- Identify and create solutions to improve system performance and availability.
- Analyze, review, and document current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement.
- 2+ years of AWS experience with cloudFormation, NLB, ALB, S3, EC2, CloudWatch etc
- Tools: Git, Github Enterprise, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket, JFrog Artifactory, Jenkins, Nagios/Zabbix, Ansible, Puppet/Chef, KVM/Openstack/Openshift
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix systems: shell, ssh, grep, vi, apache/nginx/tomcat
- Fundamentals: Basic DNS + Networking, DHCP, HA & Load Balancing Concepts, Backups and DR, Connecting to Databases, LDAP, VPN/Firewalls
- Basic understanding of AWS
- Scripting: Any of; Bash, Python, Ruby, PERL
- Concepts: Agile/Scrum/KanBan, Google App Suite
- Experience in working on the Atlassion tool will be preferred.
- Experience:3-6 of total IT experience,relevant years of experience should at least 2 years
Why you’ll love us:
- Celebrate with us. We work hard every single day. But we do take a break for Friday Night Chill Sessions and our Annual Parties. We host these parties once every quarter for all our employees across the organization during which they can showcase their talents with our colleagues outside of a formal environment. The goal is to come together as one big Endurance family!
- Brain breaks. We encourage employees to work in teams not only on projects but also through fun activities. Corners of our offices are equipped with Carrom tables, Table Tennis, Foosball, Pool and video games which help them connect in fun ways.
- Leave your worries aside! Juggling the demands of career and personal life can be stressful and challenging but don't worry! Our employee's assistance program services provide free, confidential, short-term counselling/ legal aid/ taxation advice. This benefit is also extended to immediate family members.
- Volunteering is at our core. We are all about learning and creating an impact that is beneficial to the environment and surrounding communities. At Endurance, we encourage participation as we mindfully make a difference by hosting various “Share and Care activities“
- Did someone say free domain? Building a community one domain at a time, one employee at a time. All our employees are eligible for a free domain and WordPress blog as we sponsor the domain registration costs.
- We keep you well fed and hydrated Why miss on quality family time at home by preparing meals? Our best chefs cook meals that are filled with love. On days you feel fitness conscious? Our chefs are at your services daily to toss the best salads, and fruit bowls. All at a subsidized rate. We also provide a host of snacks and beverages free of cost.
- We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorship to interest-free loans, Flexi-leave to casual dress code - we've got your back!