Senior Environmental Compliance Consultant
Haley & Aldrich is a 600+ person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of the culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
Haley & Aldrich is seeking a results-oriented Senior Environmental Compliance Consultant to join our team in Cleveland, Ohio. The ideal candidate brings strategic environmental compliance consulting experience with a strong background in Air Quality compliance, in order to provide leadership, strategic direction, and cutting-edge technical support to expand the market share and client-base of our business.
As a senior technical leader, you will be responsible for successfully developing and directing a portfolio of complex projects for multiple clients. Qualified candidates will combine high-level, strategic consulting and client development skills along with a strong technical foundation to expand a sustainable business as part of H&A's national compliance practice.
The successful candidate will:
- Serve as a senior technical expert on air quality compliance and permitting projects, including regulatory analyses of facility operations, advocating for clients to regulatory agencies, and providing effective business solutions through strategic planning.
- Partner with others to develop strategies and programs to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in profitable revenue with new and existing clients.
- Provide technical management and staff oversight on environmental compliance projects for a variety of industrial clients with complex technical and regulatory issues.
- Mentor less experienced staff to develop highly marketable technical skill-sets to support our national compliance services.
- Actively pursue ongoing learning, and networks internally and externally in technical forums. Leverage learning to increase the technical capabilities of others and the overall technical performance of the company by actively sharing information with others and developing standard tools to support the compliance practice.
- B.S. degree in engineering (chemical, environmental, mechanical), environmental science, or other related discipline
- 15+ years of relevant experience in multi-media compliance with a strong background in doing complex and strategic air quality compliance projects
- Significant industrial consulting experience and client relationships supported by repeat business in the Great Lakes area; nationwide experience desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient at writing, reviewing, and editing technical documents to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations
- Proven strategic thinking and emotional intelligence
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of federal, state and local multi-media regulations
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more.
Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.