Call Center Customer Care Representative
Location: Independence, OH
Full Time: Full Time
To provide friendly, helpful and knowledgeable answers to our major customers and the retail consumer. The Customer Service Representative must be able to process, expedite and follow-up on customer requests. Familiarize and learn about the products and services that we offer. Must be organized, be able to multi task and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. The ability to work well with others and be part of a team is essential. May also assist with special projects.
- Learn about our products and services to become knowledgeable and confident in relaying this information on to the customer/ end user
- Attention to detail and proper etiquette used when speaking to the customer verbally and/or in written form.
- Ability to effectively assess customer needs, present solutions and to deal with challenging customers & situations
- Become an efficient user with our phone system; learn all aspects of ERP system which include order entry, order tracking and checking availability of product.
- Must know how to navigate within Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be able to handle a minimum of 50 calls per day, to enter and expedite customer orders.
- Issuing RMA's, write up requests for credits and re-billing
- Expedite orders and follow-up with customers, being attentive and have a sense of urgency in correcting customer issues.
- Additional duties may include: filing, special projects
- Ongoing product training which could include hands on installation
- Agents should be resourceful in utilizing their tools to answer as many technical questions as they can
- Adaptability, ability to multi-task, resourcefulness, flexibility and professionalism are key for this essential customer facing role
- High School/GED Required.
- College preferred, but not necessary
- Previous high volume call center experience preferred
- Technical aptitude (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, ERP)
Kichler is a leader in interior and exterior decorative lighting, landscape lighting and ceiling fans. Kichler products are available through authorized independent lighting showrooms, electrical distributors, procurement companies, irrigation distributors and select e-retailers.
What we offer you as a Kichler employee:
- Competitive salary, Paid vacation
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance
- Available 401(k) program with generous company match (no waiting period, 100% vested)
- Company-paid life and STD/LTD disability coverage
- Onsite cafeteria and work-out facility (free yoga and personal training classes weekly)
- Location: Adjacent to Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- Employee discount purchase program (MASCO partners)
- Company events including Night at the Indians, Holiday party, Breakfast with Santa, Summer Picnic lunches
The Kichler brand encompasses more than 3,000 products, including chandeliers, wall sconces, bath lighting, ceiling fans, under-cabinet lighting, landscape lighting, lamps and accessories. A leader in energy-efficient technology, Kichler's line of Design Pro LED fixtures feature several winners of the Lighting for Tomorrow Award, sponsored by the Consortium for Energy Efficiency, the U.S. Department of Energy and the American Lighting Association.
Kichler is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Shift 4 (United States of America)
Full or Part Time
Kichler Lighting (the “Company“) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company's policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Kichler Lighting is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.