Northern Trust is focused on identifying and designing digital
experiences that enhance user interactions through a human-centered
process. Under general supervision (but works independently most of the
time),the Visual Designer on the Digital Experience team in Corporate
Marketing is responsible for designing best-in-class digital experiences
to support public digital marketing channels including web, social and
mobile. The role will be instrumental in ensuring we push our practice to
create truly differentiating experiences reflective of Northern Trust's
capabilities and business objectives as well as user needs and behaviors.
- Works with an open and optimistic culture of experimentation,
intellectual curiosity and rapid prototyping using agile methodology for
small and large projects.
- Creates visual design within a multidisciplinary team to support the
Digital Center of Excellence (COE) focus on visitor goals in public
touchpoints such as NorthernTrust.com, social media and marketing
- Analyzes the competitive landscape to ensure the Digital COE is
creating differentiated experiences during moments that matter along user
- Shares work in-progress, solicits critical feedback from business
partners, and provides productive critique.
- Brings leading edge thinking and processes to the Digital COE digital
design work to push our practice in new directions.
- Collaborate with design counterparts in the Northern Lab and other
teams to ensure work created in the Digital COE aligns with brand
guidelines while simultaneously exploring new graphic standards.
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client,
and/or internal business impact.
- A College or University degree and/or experience within an agency, in-
house design team, as a contractor, or in a relevant design role is
- Knowledge of industry-standard software, including Adobe Creative
Cloud, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop and familiarity with contemporary
prototyping tools e.g. Axure, InVision, Proto, Flinto
- Strong presentation, problem solving, storytelling and design skills
- Highly flexible and adaptable, embraces ambiguity and responds
positively to change
- Uses collaborative/communication tools effectively e.g. Slack, G Suite,
- Must be able to provide portfolio/work samples to be considered for
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.