Senior Analyst, Client Service - Investment Operations
The Senior Analyst focuses on the processing and issue resolution of complex transactions that require expertise to interpret processes, guidelines and / or policies. Analytically and procedurally competent, the Senior Analyst represents the team on cross-functional processes and / or project deliverables. Recognized as an expert in a specific skill set but remains focused primarily on daily execution. Has full ownership for one or more processes, reports and / or procedures. Will assist in the on-boarding and training of new employees.
- Responsible for providing client service through the execution of daily functions and tasks.
- Help to ensure a controlled work environment through the understanding, execution and improvement of desktop operating procedures.
- Support a dynamic service level agreement driven work environment through timely responses to all queries.
- Works effectively both as a team member as well as an independent self-motivated individual.
- Share knowledge with, cross-train and coach entry level employees.
- Research and resolve complex problems within established guidelines and with minimal guidance.
- With limited management assistance, work to implement process flow and operational and control improvements.
- Act as a liaison with client service teams to drive issue resolution.
- Cultivate and continually grow relationships with internal partners and client contacts.
- Responsible for increasing knowledge and understanding of client's business and financial markets.
- Recognize when to escalate client issues or queries.
- Understand client Service Level Agreements (SLAs) that are directly related to job function(s).
- Develop effective working relationships with key partners internal and external to the organization.
- Engage other Partners as appropriate to solve client inquiries and issues.
- Understand impact of personal job functions of IOO peers, client and applicable shared service partners.
Knowledge / Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills necessary to create task lists, prioritize work efforts and multi-task
- Ability to analyze complex problems and present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Able to facilitate collaborative discussions while driving consensus and action
- Attention to detail
- Works with a sense of urgency
- A college or university degree preferred and / or a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
About Northern Trust: Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us: As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve! We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.