The Business Unit Financial Analyst will be a key member of the Wealth Management Finance team. Partner in this role will support the financial needs of the Central Region Wealth Management.
1) Develop strong relationships and closely coordinate with the regional leadership and Corporate Financial Management partners. Act as a primary point of contact and subject matter expert for financial questions and analysis for the Central region.
2) Participate in the month-end accounting close and reporting processes, analyze results relative to prior periods and budget with the focus on drivers of financial performance.
3) Assists in the preparation of various financial reports, providing data analysis and justification for management decisions.
4) Assist with annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes for the region.
5) Prepare and deliver presentations outlining financial results & key metrics to Market leaders and other appropriate partners.
6) Conduct special projects to support business unit and/ or Corporate Finance objectives as requested.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in corporate finance, accounting, or other related financial analyst roles. Relevant degree in Finance and Accounting preferred.
- Broad financial and accounting knowledge with business acumen.
- Strong analytical skillset.
- Keen attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Solid oral and written communication/ presentation skills.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change. Ability to concurrently manage multiple priorities with minimal oversight.
- Ability to work effectively and build strong relationships across a matrix structure with a diverse finance team as well as business unit partners.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel required. Technical aptitude and proficiency with BI tools and financial applications (COGNOS, Hyperion, TM1, etc.) a plus.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.