Do you have experience with managing nuclear materials? Our Safeguards Organization is seeking a Nuclear Materials Management Professional who will serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for the Materials Management (MM) section of the Safeguards organization. In this role you will interface with all levels of customers and counterparts on the utilization of nuclear material (NM) within the bounds of regulatory documents and directives.
We offer a comprehensive relocation package, exceptional benefits, and a flexible 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off).
- Provide technical guidance to internal and external personnel on interpretation and implementation of requirements ensuring all aspects of planning and utilization are addressed for programmatic needs, as well as disposition of excess NM inventory.
- Ensure required reports/deliverables are produced
- Participate on special task teams taking care of various MM issues associated with INL and complex-wide NM inventories
- Oversee and validate inventory database accuracy for INL and subcontract inventories.
- Manage and coordinate actions through appropriate internal and external organizations such as the Project Management Office, Nuclear Facility Operations, National & Homeland Security, and the DOE's Office of Nuclear Material Integration
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy Security Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of relevant experience or Master's and 3 years
- Knowledge of Nuclear Material inventory, reporting, deliverables, and programmatic needs.
- Ability to provide technical guidance interpretation
- Excellent communication skills
- Salary Grade: 200/210
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting. The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of relevant experience and skills
Certifications: human reliability program (hrp)
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and phenomenal benefits.