Requisition Number: SOFTW04590
Participate in testing a variety of new system implementations and software changes across the enterprise. Participate in analysis and triage of system issues for resolution or for additional research. Participate in collecting, analyzing and reporting on metrics relating to testing efficiency and effectiveness.
In this role you will:
- Partner with specific operational departments to gain expertise in business applications, workflows, and system uses. Utilize knowledge to conduct system testing and test plan creation.
- Acquire and utilize expertise in IT and various Business facing systems and work with other cross functional departments to better facilitate an end-to-end process.
- Assist with the development of system specifications necessary to implement Government mandated or internally initiated changes.
- Work toward enhancing the quality of systems (OnBase, Mainframe, Facets, TriMaCS, etc.) as necessary based on operational need
- Create and maintain testing dashboards unique to specific testing types.
- Customize and utilize appropriate testing methodology as dictated by testing requirements and risk profiles.
- Assess, update, and maintain business processes following standards, including policies, workflow, and work instructions.
- Create test scripts based on end user workflows and software system requirements.
- Create and maintain traceability matrices showing end-to-end testing process from requirements through workflow linkages, providing for quick remediation of defects and determination of end user impacts.
This role could be a good fit if you:
- Analyze requirements for testability
- Able to identify and utilize risk analysis in test planning and prioritization
- Create test cases based on end user workflows and software system requirements
- Participate in test planning and effort estimation
- Design test data sets to support testing
- Be an active member of the project / product teams as assigned
- Create and maintain traceability matrices showing end-to-end testing process from requirements through workflow linkages, providing for quick remediation of defects and determination of end user impacts
- Utilize appropriate testing methods as dictated by testing requirements and risk profiles
- Aid in training and development of onboarding new testing staff
- Be able to recognize and explain opportunities for test automation
- Be able to read Cucumber feature files and update feature file data to generate additional scenarios for test automation
- Generate defect reports for assigned project/product
- Pursue relevant continuing education
- Possess excellent analytical, supervisory, communication, and leadership skillsets
- Have the ability to quickly learn new systems and technology, motivate others, work collaboratively with teams and effectively with all levels of personnel
- Possess an understanding of service delivery lifecycle (SDLC lifecycle), particularly how appropriate testing and deployment activities are embedded, as well as understanding of different software development methods (agile, waterfall)
- Are proficient in resource modeling and KPI dashboarding, as well as Microsoft office suite
You’ll benefit from this experience by:
- Working in an environment that serves our Nation’s military, veterans, Guard and Reserves along with their families.
- Working in a growing quality assurance team, with the backing and support from ground-floor to executive-level employees that are driven to achieve and maintain quality standards.
- Growing within an environment of hardworking individuals with diverse backgrounds and skillsets.
You need to have:
U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to Department of Defense restrictions
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent post high school and/or related work experience
We also prefer:
- 3 or more years managing test teams and/or project work
- 2 or more years in a process/quality improvement or system configuration and testing position working within a SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Have or attain within the first 6 months of employment, ASTQB or equivalent foundation level testing certification
- Advanced software testing certifications
Quality is the root of everything we do within our team. All the activities and ceremonies of our daily work can be tracked back to a desire to maintain and improve our quality footprint. Our team is made up of several individuals all with differing levels of experience and knowledge. Collaboration is a key component within the team. We all share a common goal in trying to foster an innovative, growth oriented, and continuous improvement mindset.
Compensation and Benefits
- Eligible for annual Performance Bonus Program
- 401(k) with dollar-per-dollar match up to 6% of salary
- Competitive paid time off
- Health and dental insurance start DAY 1
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending, dependent care, and health savings accounts
- Short- and long-term disability, group life insurance
- Dress for your day
- Innovative professional and cognitive development programs
Who We Are
WPS Health Solutions is an innovator in health insurance and a worldwide leader in claims administration, serving millions of beneficiaries in the United States and abroad.
Founded in 1946, WPS offers health insurance plans for individuals, families, and seniors, and group plans for small and large businesses. We are a world-class claims processor and program administrator for the government’s Medicare program. And we manage benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel and their families.
WPS has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere® Institute for 10 years in a row.
Learn more about WPS.
Our Purpose and Values
Our purpose is to make healthcare easier for those we serve. Click Here
Our values – Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, Mutual Respect, and Driven & Passionate – are the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
WPS Health Insurance offers high-quality health insurance plans for individuals and families, Medicare supplement plans for seniors, and group health plans for businesses of every size.
Military and Veterans Health
WPS Military and Veterans Health administers claims and provides customer service and related activities for the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and their beneficiaries.
Government Health Administrators
WPS Government Health Administrators manages Medicare Part A and Part B benefits for more than 7 million beneficiaries. As one of the largest contractors for the Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services, we’ve served Medicare beneficiaries and their health care providers since 1966.
WPS Health Plan
WPS Health Plan offers Health Maintenance Organization and Point-of-Service plans to the group and individual markets in eastern and north-central Wisconsin, plus third-party administrator services.
EPIC Specialty Benefits
EPIC Specialty Benefits provides businesses group insurance products that cover:
- Voluntary benefits
Stay connected: Sign-up for Job Alerts