RTI is gathering resumes for an Entry Level Systems Architect for an upcoming CDC-funded project. This person will assist Senior Architects with implementation and support the develop of SDLC deliverables including architecture document, interface control documents, and detailed design documents. The Architect will work with the team and client to document functional designs and work alongside the build team to capture design detail in the SDLC deliverables. This is an entry level position that will include mentoring and continued development opportunities for progression. This position is based in Hyattsville, MD and is anticipated to be a one year assignment with the possibility of extension. This position is contingent upon successful award of project.
• Work with senior architects in development, maintenance and troubleshooting complex network infrastructure technologies.
• Ability to perform requirements analysis and translate customer high level requirements or inputs into system and derived requirements, create systems solutions, and conceptual designs
• Assist with hands-on solution design, solution architecture, architecture roadmaps, concepts and developmental tasks required in support of current and new projects.
• Provide technical support of all SDLC phases and types of work performed
• Support the development of integrated applications
• Assist with implementation functionalities per user stories laid out by the project
• Assist with planning and execution of unit, integration, and user acceptance testing.
• Analyze the system to ensure that it will meet the stated performance requirements
• Provide regular updates to senior architects on project progress and outstanding issues.
• Establish and maintain relationships with subcontractors/third parties/vendors
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, diagrams, guides, and instructions.
• Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Management
Information Systems) and 1 year of IT experience
• Preferred experience in government or industry in relevant work including - enterprise
architecture, solution architecture, or systems architecture
• Use of Microsoft Visio to create diagrams
• Excellent communication and soft skills
• Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
• Certification is a plus: Microsoft or Industry Certified Systems Engineer (Security , CISSP,
CCNP, CCIE, MCSE, MCSA, ITILv3 or v4 Foundation)
• To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.