RTI is gathering resumes for a Senior Systems Architect for an upcoming CDC-funded project. This person will be responsible for the design, testing, implementation, configuration validation, operation, maintenance, administration, management, backup, and recovery of Government IT infrastructure systems, to include servers and storage devices, with an overarching system engineering function used to guide and direct the overall value and effectiveness of the Network. This is a customer facing position and as such this candidate must have the ability to directly interact with clients and subcontractors. This position is based in Hyattsville, MD and is anticipated to be a one year assignment with the possibility of extension. This position is contingent upon successful award of project.
- Guides Mid-Level and Junior-Level systems architects in the design, development, maintenance, and documentation of solution architectures ensuring traceability to the Enterprise architecture and Enterprise requirements.
- Guides the analysis of user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Guides Mid-level and Junior-level systems architects in the development of proposed changes to the solutions architecture design based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
- Create high level systems architectural designs related to both current and future network environments/configurations to include LAN/WAN environments
- Research new technologies to enhance the customer network
- Network and server enhancements based on recommended best practices, and technical assessments
- Provide guidance and mentor mid/junior level systems architects and other IT staff on the team
- Network assessments based on modifications or changes to the network environment, to include performance, connectivity issues and network access
- E-mail and file share services
- Client platform designs including system images and hardware configurations.
- Network architecture/accreditation.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibilit.
- Coordinate internal resources and subcontractors/third parties/vendors for the execution of project.
- Establish and maintain relationships with subcontractors/third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, diagrams, guides, and instructions.
• Master’s degree (in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Management
Information Systems) and a minimum of 10 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience
• Senior level experience in government or industry in relevant work including - enterprise
architecture, solution architecture, or systems architecture
• Use of Microsoft Visio to create diagrams
• Excellent communication and soft skills
• Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
• Certification: Microsoft or Industry Certified Systems Engineer (Security , CISSP, CCNP, CCIE,
MCSE, MCSA, ITILv3 or v4 Foundation) is strongly preferred
• To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.