Membership Services Manager
FBCG is a COVID-19 Vaccinated Workplace
The First Baptist Church of Glenarden is looking for a dynamic, highly experienced, hands-on full-time membership services manager. In this position, you will manage and have oversight of the maintenance and upkeep of the membership database, and ensuring it is updated with all members and potential members’ personal data. You would supervise a team of people that have responsibility for providing support and compassionate care to the members and prospective members of FBCG. The position requires strong project management, customer service, database management, analytical and business writing skills. The person selected must be able to work well in a team environment. In addition, you will provide oversight of all staff functions for a smooth operation of each aspect of the Ministry & Administrative Support Services Department (MASS) as directed by the Director. Incumbent must be willing to work a flexible schedule including availability on evenings and weekends as needed.
- Manage the membership database and processes.
- Ensuring all data for membership profiles is promptly inputted into the membership database.
- Coordination of staff assignments for each aspect of membership, including baptisms records, new members class records, baby blessings coordination, assignment, and distribution of tithing envelopes and updating all datapoints for membership records.
- Supervising staff to resolve concerns related to support to members, ministries, and staff.
- Overseeing all emails and communications related to membership services are promptly and appropriately addressed.
- Ensuring all membership and other reports are accurately completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Monitoring staff engagement and performance.
- Completing special projects as assigned by the MASS Director.
- Must be saved, have a servant’s heart, and be a member, in good standing or willing to join and become a member in good standing of FBCG.
- Must be able to submit to authorities as defined by the Pastor.
- Must possess a gracious, Christ-like demeanor in demanding situations.
- Must have an understanding and appreciation for the ministry and the mission of FBCG.
- Spiritual gifts of serving and administration are a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) or more years’ supervisory/management experience in a similar position with an association/membership management organization. Non-profit experience a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years customer service experience in a member association/ministry or other similar environment required.
- Experience in inputting, maintaining, and reporting data and statistics.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of database management and Association/Membership Management Systems. Ideally, candidate will be proficient in utilizing Fellowship One and Community Church Builders platforms.
- Flexibility to work a flexible schedule including availability on evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Willingness and ability to learn new applications and participate in training opportunities.
- Must have strong administrative experience, attention to detail, accuracy, and excellent customer service skills (positive attitude, friendly, courteous, and helpful).
- Must have strong project management and organizations skills, ability to work under pressure and excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively and courteously with a diverse group of individuals.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment; flexible and able to perform multiple tasks in a complex operating environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize work with attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proactive, flexible, approachable, responsible, resourceful, and able to work within a diverse group.