If you'd like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
Do you have what it takes? (click here)
At BMC, the dedicated Yard Supervisor coordinates and supervises activities of yard and/or warehouse, which may include receiving, warehousing, maintaining equipment, machines, materials and supplies, housekeeping, load building, and customer service. This individual has great attention to detail when it comes to the needs of our customers and leads by example as they manage their assigned individuals.
- Inspect incoming products to verify conformance to specifications on invoice.
- Unload, stack, and warehouse incoming material.
- Study production schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interpret company policies to workers.
- Assign duties, and maintain time and production records.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Obtain customer order, obtain material to fill order, and load vehicle.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
- May be actively involved in recruiting, hiring, associate orientation, training, and disciplining associates.
- Provide guidance and/or instructions to other associates in demonstrating how to perform tasks and procedures or resolve problems. Makes independent decisions.
- Estimate, requisition, and inspect materials.
- Require permits from associates for tools or materials taken from the yard and/or warehouse.
- Operate equipment and machinery as required.
- Ensure the safe loading, handling, and transportation of a variety of materials and heavy cargo.
- Perform activities of workers supervised.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the quality improvement process and the philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Identify and respond actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers.
- Participate as a team player in all phases of the organization.
- Open and responsive to change.
- Personally provide customers with knowledgeable, courteous, and prompt service at all times.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Company's safety standards and enforce safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- May require a valid driver's license, CDL with airbrake endorsement preferred. Comply with DOT standards.
- May require OSHA Safety Training.
- May require forklift certification.
- Minimum Experience: At least 3 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.