United States of America
HAL31: Huntsville, AL 420 Jan Davis Drive , Huntsville, AL, 35806-4545 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is a senior Project Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. Develops small to mid-size product plans and budgets, performs critical analysis, pursues all cost saving opportunities to maximize project profitability, and monitors project performance. Identifies and reacts to project problems and recommends solutions.
- Manages overall project requirements, reliability, logistics, coordination of different teams, evaluation measurements, and other disciplines for large or complex projects.
- Monitors budgets, cost, effectiveness, and reliability of activities and make recommendations to optimize resources, prioritize spending, and ensure that standards are met.
- Manages work-processes, optimization methods, and risk management tools for large or complex projects.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends investments or changes in technology, resources, procedures, equipment, systems, or other assets to improve the quality of the organization's systems products and services.
- Provides analysis for the decomposition of customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements, and makes recommendations for the generation of verification criteria and plans for the requirements.
- Performs analysis at all levels of the total system product including concept, design, fabrication, modeling, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Decomposes customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements, and generates verification criteria and plans for the requirements.
Required skills or qualifications:
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Excel working in a team environment and establishing collaborative relationships with co-workers
- Communicate effectively in a professional manner
Preferred skills or experience with any of the following:
- Experience with SVN, DOORS, and/or Atlassian tools
- Knowledge of CMMI or DO-178 derived processes
- Knowledge in the following technical areas: flight displays, communication and navigation radio controls, flight management systems, weapons and mission equipment, human factors/human-machine interface
- Knowledge in the following digital data protocols: Ethernet (IEEE 802.3), TCP/IP, MIL-STD-1553B, ARINC-429
Must also be willing and able to travel (domestic and international) and either possess, or be able to obtain, a security clearance.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.