United States of America
HAL31: Huntsville, AL 420 Jan Davis Drive , Huntsville, AL, 35806-4545 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Collins Aerospace is seeking a Principal Engineer, disciplined in Software Engineering, for our low-level platform software team located in Huntsville, AL. This organization is responsible for developing and supporting real-time embedded software for numerous processing platforms used in our military and commercial avionics products and cockpit display systems. Solutions include Collins industry-leading, civil certifiable, true multicore processing environment.
- Design, demonstrate, develop, and maintain flight-critical embedded software for military and commercial aviation solutions and avionics products
- Provide technical leadership to assigned cross-functional engineering project team responsible for the design, development, and verification of real-time embedded software
- Specify requirements, software implementation, test case development, verification test execution, and certification
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct complex tests and debug systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with systems and hardware architects in the planning, design, development, and utilization of embedded processing systems
- Mentor software developers in technical and process-related areas
- Produce platform software solutions and device drivers for operating system boot, Board Support Package (BSP), file systems interfaces, health monitor, network communication, etc.
- Develop solutions that satisfy numerous avionics industry standards, such as POSIX, ARINC-615A (data load), ARINC-653 (application interface), ARINC-661 (display interface), IEEE 803.2 (ethernet), and ARINC-664 (AFDX)
- Work with cutting-edge technologies, such as multicore processors, hypervisor systems, and systems-on-a-chip
- Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline (STEM degree is highly preferred) and 5 years of relevant experience or an advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Experience in writing software requirements, software design and implementation, functional and integration testing, writing test cases and test procedures, and software delivery support
- Effective and easily-engaged communicator
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with various teams
- Demonstrated ability to identify complex problems, evaluate options, and develop solutions
- Energetic and proactive self-starter that builds sound, collaborative relationships
- C / C+
• programming experience
- Proficiency with modern software development best practices and configuration management tools
- Strong background in development of low-level software and concurrent processing solutions
- Experience with DO-178B/C (DAL A or B preferred)
- Experience with real-time operating systems (VxWorks, LynxOS, GHS)
- Experience with designing architectures
- Expertise leading low-level software development and verification tasks
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.