SAIC is actively seeking an experienced Spectrum Management Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, AL. This position requires that the candidate have an active Secret Security Clearance to be considered.
The Electromagnetic Environmental Effects, Spectrum Management Specialty Engineer, in this position will support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) System Engineering and Integration Division (GME).
The Specialty Engineer will provide technical assistance and support to the GME Requirements Division (GME-R) and coordinate and collaborate with the Government, GMD Prime Contractor, and Industry partners as required to promote delivery of an integrated GMD weapon system capability.
- Support the development, allocation, trace, and feasibility of incremental GMD system requirements.
Provide Spectrum Management Support to GME to include guiding the frequency allocation process, working with Local Area Frequency Coordinators for frequency assignments and reviewing mandated test results
Support Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) analysis by reviewing equipment designs for hardness and working with the GMER test/hardness surveillance team for temporary frequency assignments at MDA facilities for EMP shielding testing
Evaluate co-site receivers/transmitters for compatibility with MDA transmitters.
Review facilities design and modifications to assure that filtering (TEMPEST, EMP, and Lightning) is/remains in place.
Review facility designs/implementation of lightning protection schemes.
Develop and maintain a stable, consistent, and verifiable technical baseline up and down the requirements specification tree
Promote GME-R requirement specifications through GMD Requirements Working Group (GRWG), Technical Issue Forum (TIF), Engineering Review Board (ERB), Program Configuration Control Board (PCCB), and Ballistic Missile Defense Requirements Working Group (BRWG) as required
Provide oversight on Prime Contractor Product deliveries
- MS in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related field with 10 years' experience or BS in related field with 15 years' experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
- Technical background in independent analysis and trade studies of weapon, sensor or communication system constructs using analysis tools such as MatLab
- Experience with demonstrated knowledge of one or more BMD systems (e.g., GMD, THAAD, Aegis BMD, Patriot, C2BMC, SBX) or major defense systems capabilities such as command and control, target discrimination, threats and countermeasures, missiles/interceptors, or kill vehicles.
- Requirements and technical baseline management using requirements management database tools, such as DOORS, CRADLE or similar tools