We are seeking a Software Development Specialist I (SDS-1) in Huntsville, AL to join our team in support of the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Missile Defense Data Center (MDDC).
The MDDC Program is responsible for test product data management across MDA, including data center operations, support of test design, planning, and products, and analysis infrastructure operations for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Test Program. The MDDC Program continually works to improve and/or advance areas of integration, process improvement, development, and lean execution to succeed within a challenging and dynamic test environment.
We are currently seeking to fill a Senior Software Development Specialist I positon with the right individual.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work in multiple software development environments, frameworks and languages are utilized across the software application suite to include: Web Development, GUI Design, background processing, multi-threaded architectures, database design, C++, C#, Cold Fusion, SQL, .Net.
- Responsible for the design, development, testing, verifying, sustaining and fully documenting (full software lifecycle) developed software.
- Develop complex software applications involving graphical front-end interfaces, visualization tool sets, and analysis libraries interfacing with multiple databases and external applications to meet Program goals and deadlines for test missions and real world events.
- Work with Government, contractor staff and end-users to identify and implement software requirements Program.
- Perform software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software reviews, software risk analysis, and software reliability analysis.
- Perform integration of complex hardware and software systems.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
- Responsible for maintaining software development standards compliance.
- Responsible for software testing and user/system requirements verification/validation processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoot production problems related to software applications.
- Consult with Government and Contractor staff, project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Participate in development of software user manuals and technical reports.
- Assist in the design, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing applications.
- Work with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
- Formulate/define specifications for complex operating software programming applications.
ASRC Federal Analytical Services Inc. provides technical and management solutions to help federal agencies in the defense and aerospace markets meet complex operational challenges. Headquartered in Huntsville, Ala., the company employs a professional workforce known for commitment to excellence and exceeding customer expectations.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Minimum Qualifications are:
- 0-5+ years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree (from an accredited institution in a related field)
- A current, active Secret clearance is required.
Specific Skills Desired:
- Data Base Administration (DBA) professional
- 3-5+ years' experience with SQL Server (2012 preferred), including database design, maintenance, and replication
- 2+ years' experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, both in maintaining existing reports and creating new ones
- Some experience with Windows batch scripting
- Candidates should be familiar with performing Software Engineering in a structured yet dynamic environment.
- Programming experience in C++, C#, Cold Fusion, Database implementation and maintenance. Optimization of database performance and data storage schemas. Interfacing databases with custom software. MS SQL Server. Knowledge of CMM/CMMI/Agile methodologies
- Working in a classified and team environments are beneficial as well as experience or a working knowledge of software process methodologies.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and solid data entry skills
- Ability to provide examples of being proactive and taking initiative in carrying out daily responsibilities