Senior AEM Developer
Whole industries have been disrupted and transformed in recent years by digital technology. We advise clients to understand, architect, select and implement bleeding edge solutions required to efficiently run their businesses, with a focus on Digital and Cloud. These service areas span E-commerce, Solution Architecture, Mobile Applications, Digital Platform Architecture, Digital Technology Strategy, and Digital IT Operations.
As a Senior Technical Consultant, you’ll help businesses realize the value they can gain from their IT investments, providing support on how digital transformation contributes to performance improvement. Most of your time will be spent collaborating with your team and our clients to take their experiences and requirements and make them come to life. This is a rapidly growing area, so you will have plenty of opportunity to spread your wings and continue to develop your skillset to build customer and employee facing experiences for our clients. If you enjoy working on challenging, interactive platforms and finding new ways to leverage modern frameworks and content management systems, then we want to speak with you.
Your key responsibilities
Our growing Java team, which provides enterprise solutions focused in custom product development as well as quality application designs, is currently seeking professionals who are hungry to learn, teach and mentor.
You will focus on the development, customization and optimization of Digital and Cloud based solutions. You will team with various EY groups with digital capabilities to support and deliver digital engagements and deliver solutions that will bring our client’s digital vision and strategy to life.
Skills and attributes for success
- Working in project teams through agreed upon phases of project governance, requirements definition, vendor selection, risk analysis, customization, testing, training and rollout of a client's project lifecycle
- Teaming with client technology professionals, and third-party strategic alliances
- Developing long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally
- Interacting and communicating effectively with teammates, clients, stakeholders, and executives
- Maintaining client relationships
- Demonstrating teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and staying abreast of IT trends relevant to client's business
- Developing technical capabilities in areas such as digital technology
- To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 or more years of related work experience
- 3 years of programming and development experience in Java/JEE
- 2 years of technical experience with content management systems (Adobe Experience Manager highly preferred)
- Strong background in scalability and automation
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Experience with software delivery processes using continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Ability to think critically about problems and arrive at a practical solution with a sound architectural foundation
- End-to-end knowledge of the web application space including web server configuration, tuning, proxies, and load balancing
- An understanding of general system administration in Unix/Linux environments, network security, database administration and tuning, and Apache web server configuration, 3rd party services and API configuration and integration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A valid driver’s license in the US; willingness and ability to travel to meet client needs
- Ideally, you’ll also have
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering, MIS, Mathematics desired; Master’s degree in one of these areas preferred
- 2 years of experience with Adobe AEM
- Certifications: Adobe Experience Manager Developer & Architect
- Prior consulting experience highly preferred
- Relational and NoSQL database experience a plus
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate individuals with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the Digital and Emerging Technology space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their digital strategy, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.