Requisition Number: PATIE01255
The purpose of the Patient Advocate Coordinator is to assist with prior authorizations, denials, appeals, and monitoring specialty drugs. This person will also assist pharmacies and billing departments as needed to complete tasks.
Essential Job Functions
· Use OncoEMR and online drug references to perform job duties.
· Review clinical information and contact appropriate carrier to initiate the process for prior approval.
· Provide necessary clinical and demographic information to the insurance carrier as requested.
· Maintain consistent follow-up on status of all specialty prescriptions.
· Assist with quality assurance audits.
· Keep updated on insurance changes concerning prescription requirements.
· Ability to be at work regularly and on time is required.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be able to demonstrate problem-solving skills.
· Must have strong computer/typing skills.
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent listening skills.
· Must have strong service orientation with professional and courteous performance.
· Must be flexible and able to adapt to fast-changing environments.
· Must be able to work as a team player in a professional environment.
· Prior Authorization experience preferred.
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
· Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-10/CPT codes preferred.
· 1-3 years healthcare experience preferred.
· Oncology experience preferred.
· Familiarity with oral Oncology medications preferred.
This position works closely with the pharmacy and social work departments of a busy medical oncology/hematology clinic. Some direct patient contact may be required.
This position requires that the employee be able to sit or stand for long periods of time, up to eight hours a day. This position requires very little physical effort. This position requires that the employee be able to use the telephone to complete many tasks.