CHENEGA DEFENSE & AEROSPACE SOLUTIONS, LLC
Company Job Title:
Logistics Analyst Intermediate
TEAMS Logistics CPM
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Logistics Analyst Intermediate will work as an effective team lead or team member, to solve complex life cycle logistics problems; apply sound judgment to develop life cycle logistics policies, plans, procedures and documents. Identify and apply concepts, policies and practices of logistics management as they apply to new and legacy systems during the sustainment phase of the life cycle. Will provide technical and analytical expertise for the acquisition logistics planning and execution of a Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Program for the MDA Terminal High Altitude Area Defense Program Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works as an effective team member and / or team leader to solve complex life cycle logistics problems in support of Government requirements.
- Follows published policies and regulations and perform continuous process improvement and contract management.
- Develops, updates and manages policies, instructions, procedures and strategies in accordance with statutory, regulatory, and policy processes and procedures.
- Develops, reviews, analyzes, and validates comprehensive Product Support Strategies.
- Effectively uses methods and tools to mitigate risks, including planning for risk, assessing risk areas and developing risk management options.
- Develops presentations and information papers; researches, analyzes, and compiles data into information, decisional, and instructional briefings; and develops metrics to track level of effort and progress in preparation for senior level reviews and updates.
- Supervisory: May be required to provide daily supervision in compliance with policies, procedures, and applicable laws including employee recruiting, development and retention.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Experience: 5 years of lifecycle logistics.
- Education: BA/BS, preferably in Life Cycle Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics Engineering, or similar logistics specialty. An AA/AS may be substituted for the BA/ BS when combined with a total of 10 years logistics experience.
- Specialized education: must possess or attain one of the following certifications within 12 months of start date:
Life Cycle Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics Engineering, or similar logistics specialty
Defense Acquisition University (DAU)
Life Cycle Logistics level 2
Program Management level 2
Program Management Institute
Program Management Professional Certification (PMP)
Society of Logistics Engineers
Certified Professional Logistician
Demonstrated Master Logistician
Demonstrated Senior Logistician
National Property Management Association
Certified Property Professional Specialist (CPPS)
Certified Property Professional Administrator (CPPA)
Certified Property Professional Manager (CPPM)
- Security Clearance: Interim Clearance upon date of hire
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Experience in DoD Acquisition Logistics, especially in acquisition and/or sustainment of military air defense systems
- Experience with DoD Foreign Military Sales policies, processes and procedures
- Knowledge of missile defense hardware to identify issues and concerns with training, delivery schedules and system modifications
- Ability to meet and deal with customers using a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, to include writing and preparing memorandums, letters, briefings and other official correspondence.
- Knowledge and skills in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Travel: ability to travel 15-30% to CONUS and OCONUS locations.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.