KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR's areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that's only the beginning.
Position Description/Job Responsibilities
- Accounting Manager with oversight of account reconciliations for the BU.
- Review monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations performed by the team ensuring timely, adequate and complete reconciliations with adequate explanations for any variances that may exist.
- Assist with the monthly close process for the BU preparing or approving month-end journal entries and coordinating with the BUs to resolve potential issues and communicating any possible close related delays.
- Provide monthly/quarterly reports and analysis to internal & external auditors and respond regarding periodic information requests.
- Maintain adequate documentation in support of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and assessments.
- Work to identify technology, excel shortcuts, and other potential enhancements to enable best practices in financial processes and procedures across the BU.
- Ensure compliance of KBR accounting policies, business practices, and US GAAP, FAR & CAS.
- Perform various ad-hoc analyses and other duties as assigned by management.
- Skills required for this role are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in accounting or a similar discipline and 7+ years of directly related experience.
- A postgraduate degree and/or CPA may be considered as up to two years of equivalent experience
- Self-starter/proactive, expected to take initiative to research issues and provide solutions
- Ability to deliver under tight deliverable deadlines
- Leadership capability and excellent communication, presentation, verbal and written skills
- Must have the ability to work well with others (both within the team and cross-functionally
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Costpoint and HFM preferred.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: