Facility/Electrical Engineer (active secret clearance)
- seeking a Facility Engineer to provide full time on site engineering support as program development interface for design and construction management for additions/ modifications to existing real property facilities as well as maintenance management for existing facilities. Individual will be responsible for customer representation to short and long range planning with the AMRDEC Engineering Support Center as well as the Garrison Director of Public Works. Background with Federal installation facilities and Army Corp of Engineers operations and plans is a plus
- Facility planning, auditing, and inspecting large industrial, government and military facilities
- Inspect complete facility systems of large building complexes including mechanical, electrical, structural and architectural features.
- Represents the customer as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior facility engineer on daily basis on technical matters requiring coordination between Government organizations.
- Prepare cost estimates, project scope of work and monthly progress reports.
Write comprehensive facility condition assessment reports.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering and 6 years or MS degree and 4 years of experience with focus on Power is required.
Ability to exercise professional discretion and judgment.
Develop technical solutions to complex problems and present solutions in a clear comprehensive manner to customer management.
Use of Microsoft Office tools and scheduling required on a daily basis. CAD experience required. MicroStation V8i CAD preferred.
Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and develop inspection instructions from those documents.
Training and Experience:
Experience in facility engineering services, including planning, design, inspection and construction management is preferred.
Experience with large government/military facilities a plus.