Engineering Technician 2 - Mechanical - ERC
Engineering Technician II - Mechanical
For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage needed to solve our customers’ and the nation’s toughest challenges. ERC is a trusted partner to the Defense and Space communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space.
An essential part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect, empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people, ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest strength.
Our ~2,000 employees work on the most critical missions in the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force (USAF), NASA, and Missile Defense Agency (MDA). We provide support for Test and Evaluation (T&E), Modeling & Simulation, Agile Software Development, Systems Engineering, and more. Our teams’ current projects range from engineering and logistics support for vital space hardware to platform and weapons modeling, simulation, and engineering.
In your role as a Mechanical Engineering Technician, you will directly support a variety of Department of Defense weapon systems programs. In this role you will work as a member of the Energetics Division target fabrication team assisting Engineers with the safe setup and execution of military testing. This support will aid our soldiers with the highest and most technically advanced tools to support our country.
What you'll do all day:
- Work as part of a team supporting engineers and technicians.
- Repair, drive and maintain both foreign and domestic heavy equipment.
- Handle and initiate different types of munitions.
- Operate forklifts Class II-VII, cranes, and various other types of equipment.
- Support multiple projects in an environment that changes quickly in response to customer needs.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
- (3) Three years of applicable experience supporting engineering or testing -OR-
- (2) Two years of applicable college/vocational/military/technical school and (1) One year of applicable experience is required.
- Must have successful completion of vocational/military/technical school training in practical or industrial arts and 1 year of experience in mechanical fabrication and structural/fixture setup supporting engineering or testing of military hardware.
- Must have or willing to obtain a forklift Class II-VII license or experience.
- Must have or willing to obtain a Class A CDL
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Government security clearance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Willing to travel and work limited overtime.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.