Engineering Technician 2
For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage needed to solve our customers’ and the nation’s toughest challenges. ERC is a trusted partner to the Defense and Space communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space.
An essential part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect, empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people, ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest strength.
Our ~2,000 employees work on the most critical missions in the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force (USAF), NASA, and Missile Defense Agency (MDA). We provide support for Test and Evaluation (T&E), Modeling & Simulation, Agile Software Development, Systems Engineering, and more. Our teams’ current projects range from engineering and logistics support for vital space hardware to platform and weapons modeling, simulation, and engineering.
Check us out on ERC.US
In your role as an Engineering Technician, you will directly support a variety of Department of Defense weapon systems programs. You will apply your electronics knowledge as part of a team to create and support testing systems and custom instrumentation.
What you'll do all day:
- Work as part of a team of technicians and engineers.
- Test weapon systems, to include configuring test sets and tests, collecting data, and reporting test results.
- Communicate with team members to resolve testing issues.
- Support multiple projects in parallel in an environment that changes quickly in response to customer needs.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
- 3 years of applicable experience supporting engineering or testing of hardware in the appropriate area of specialization; or 2 years of applicable college/vocational/military/technical school and 1 year of applicable experience in the assigned specialty area
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Government security clearance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Associates in Electronics or similar discipline
- Understanding of drawings, wiring diagrams, technical manuals, and specifications.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.