Computer Programmer 3 - ERC
For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage needed to solve our customers’ and the nation’s toughest challenges. ERC is a trusted partner to the Defense and Space communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space.
An essential part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect, empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people, ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest strength.
Our ~2,000 employees work on the most critical missions in the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force (USAF), NASA, and Missile Defense Agency (MDA). We provide support for Test and Evaluation (T&E), Modeling & Simulation, Agile Software Development, Systems Engineering, and more. Our teams’ current projects range from engineering and logistics support for vital space hardware to platform and weapons modeling, simulation, and engineering.
In your role as a Computer Programmer, you will directly support the data processing, reduction, and management efforts surrounding flight test data collection and analysis. You will aid in the maintenance efforts of existing internally developed tooling as well as work to develop additional tooling through the development of custom applications or extensions to commercial off-the-shelf software applications. These efforts support the conduct of developmental testing of rotary-wing and fixed-wing aircraft, aviation-related components, and aviation systems in direct support of the test and evaluation mission of the United States Army Redstone Test Center located at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama.
What you'll do all day:
- Work as part of a team with other programmers working alongside telemetry operators and system administrators.
- Communicate with internal customers to gather and iterate on software requirements in order to solve a variety of data processing tasks.
- Maintain and extend existing data processing applications.
- Maintain some existing CRUD-style database applications.
- Aid in the creation of data processing workflows in order to meet the different data processing requirements for the different types of testing.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
- Have a desire to serve your country and keep our soldiers safe.
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline from an ABET accredited college/university and 6 years of applicable experience with entry level applications programming in C# or similar higher level language, configuration management, maintenance, or software unit testing, and operation of existing programs; or an Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline and 8 years of applicable experience' or 10 of applicable experience preforming software development, analysis, integration and related functions for research, development, test and evaluation in support of military equipment and systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic procedural and object originated design principals.
- Demonstrated understanding of the general software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic relational database usage.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Government security clearance.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Familiarity with IRIG-106 standards, specifically the Chapter 10 on-board recording standard
- Experience with command line video processing utilities such as ffmpeg and ffprobe
- Competency working with binary file formats
- Understanding of multi-system software architectures.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.