Advanced MDS Systems Engineer
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Advanced MDS Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cybersecurity, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. Eligible new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
- Assist architecture design team to draw ideas and concepts from the top experts in missile defense, best innovators, best technologists, best strategic thinkers, and best business-case thinkers from across the nation from government, industry, entrepreneurial startups, and academia
- Provide architecture design solutions that are visionary and pragmatic
- Assist in gaining the support for cooperation and integration of capabilities for missile defense with Military services, DOD, other agencies, international partners, and within MDA
- Master's Degree in a STEM field 12+ years of relevant experience
- Active Secret Clearance
- Demonstrated understanding of system of system architecture design, system architecture, systems engineering, computer engineering, hardware/software integration, and data engineering disciplines
- Ability to think critically (i.e., research, understand, analyze, synthesize, and critique) creating solutions to new and one-of-a-kind program challenges and issues as they arise
- Ability to propose and execute technical project solutions which align with customer strategic goals, proposing courses of action based on overarching leadership goals and objectives
- MBSE experience
- Experience writing and coordinating engineering and technology integration and migration strategies
- Ability to negotiate best technical and program solutions within environmental and leadership constraints
- Conscientious, agreeable, and open-minded individual who can lead teams to creatively meet technical challenges, drive groups to create solutions, and orchestrate deployment actions
- Ability to apply creative thinking, problem solving, analytical thinking, and strategic thinking
- Experience with DoD systems and system-of-systems
- Experience working in the Missile Defense Agency or the Missile Defense mission domain
- TS/SCI Clearance
- An understanding of the Systems Engineering “vee” is needed as well as an understanding of the communications and data flow through out the AWS.
- Energetic, conscientious, collaborative, and self starting
- Experience with DoD systems and system-of-systems Experience working in the Missile Defense Agency or the Missile Defense mission domain