Cordant Health Solutions™ is at the forefront of combating today’s opioid epidemic through its network of toxicology laboratories and pharmacies. Cordant is committed to providing cutting-edge solutions for payers, clinicians and agencies involved with addiction, criminal justice and pain management. Cordant is one of the only toxicology laboratories that includes a full-service, high-touch pharmacy that specializes in complex management and dispensing of controlled substances. As a reliable partner, Cordant provides testing protocols, treatment recommendations and considerations and digital case-management tools to help its customers become more efficient and effective. Cordant strives to change the way its clients use toxicology results and assists its clients in navigating the ever-changing industries in which they operate. Laboratories and/or pharmacies are located in Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Massachusetts, New York, and Washington.
Cordant Health Solutions has an immediate opening for a full-time Research & Development Scientist to join our Huntington, New York laboratory. The Research & Development Scientist is responsible for planning, conducting and analyzing experiments, either with a definite end use (to develop new products, processes or commercial applications; to improve current applications) or to broaden scientific understanding in general. The Research & Development Scientist is also responsible for managing the operations of the research laboratory and monitoring the status/progress of all on-going research projects. We are looking for candidates with a strong R&D background who can independently manage projects from inception to completion.
The schedule for this role is Monday-Friday, daytime hours (9a-5p is typical, but some flexibility for an earlier shift is possible).
- Devising and conducting experiments.
- Processing and analyzing results and data.
- Maintains records and completes documentation of research and test data.
- Preparation and extraction of test samples.
- Prepares various solutions including calibrators, controls and reagents.
- Initiates start of day procedures including assuring appropriate chemical levels, pressure levels, performance of routine maintenance.
- Loads equipment with various batches and orders testing sequences.
- Analyzes testing results from various resources including numerical and graphic results.
- Validates test results.
- Assures chain of custody (COC) procedures are followed at all times (when applicable).
- Follows all laboratory policies and procedures; adheres to all health and safety standards.
- Maintains research laboratory reagent/consumable inventory.
- Trains new research technicians, internship students, and graduate students in all required areas of the research laboratory.
- In conjunction with the Director of Research and Development, organizes, plans, and designs all research studies.
- Established accountable timelines for all research projects.
- Manages all on-going research projects. Including, but not limited to, weekly one-on-one meetings with all research technicians/interns/graduate students to discuss progress, review of timelines, evaluation of data, etc.
- Provides a weekly status update covering all on-going research projects.
- Manages the rollout of newly developed methodologies in the production laboratory.
- Supports research projects at other Cordant locations. May include periodic travel to provide on-site assistance.
- Performs equipment troubleshooting and repair. May be asked to assist in other areas of the lab (if signed off for the operation).
- Collaborating with industry/academia to apply the results of research and develop new techniques, products or practices.
- Participates with company strategies including the elimination of waste, accurate and timely results and cost savings initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Science or 6 years of progressively responsible work experience, required
- Previous method development experience, required
- Demonstrated proficiency with LCMS extractions, required
- Previous experience working in the health or medical field, preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
- Must be a good communicator with a friendly positive demeanor
- Must be able to communicate and interact with employees at all levels of the Organization
- Should be resourceful, flexible, and adaptable
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to devise solid business solutions to problems
- Must be a proactive communicator with the ability to engage at all levels in the lab
- Strong time-management skills
About Cordant Health Solutions:
Working at Cordant Health Solutions means constantly being challenged to learn and grow in a fast-paced, dynamic, vibrant environment. Our team members are the key to our success and we are committed to providing an environment that not only offers a fun, positive work environment but also career building opportunities and a positive work/life balance. Cordant Health Solutions supports its employees by offering a benefits package to eligible employees that includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
Cordant Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes diversity leads to a stronger organization. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, arrest or conviction record, or predisposing genetic characteristics.
Department: Science/Research & Development
This is a full time position