SUMMARY:Leads and guides sterile processing staff in the
reprocessing of reusable instrumentation and equipment. Performs all functions
of a Sterile Processing Technician.
and guides sterile processing staff in the reprocessing of reusable
instrumentation and equipment.
Participates in orientation and
ongoing training of sterile processing staff.
in prioritizing and assigning work based on workflow fluctuations.
as a liaison to other departments. Coordinates resources for problem
identification and resolution. Reports
issues to management.
and reprocesses more complex, specialty instruments and equipment, as needed.
all functions of a Sterile Processing Technician including, but not limited to:
Dissembles, cleans, sterilizes, reassembles and packages
according to specifications and/or manufacturer instructions.
washers, sterilizers, ultrasonic machines, steam and ethylene oxide sterilizers, heat sealers, and additional equipment during sterilization procedures.normal“>
instruments and patient care equipment for cleanliness, proper assembly and functionality. Identifies malfunctioning items, records related information, and promptly notifies
supervisor or biomedical engineer.
Adheres to AORN, AAMI and Joint Commission standards
chemical and mechanical monitoring) in the performance of duties.
necessary duties to maintain a contaminant-free work environment.
ordering, stocking and maintaining department inventory levels.
maintains records of daily activities according to department policies and procedures.
related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
• Sterile processing certification (CRCST or CSPD), required.
• Must complete minimum annual continuing education credits required by NY State AND additional continuing education credits required to maintain certification status.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience processing surgical instrumentation, required;
• Demonstrated knowledge of surgical instruments, trays and equipment used within facility, required.
• 2-3 years of supervisory experience, preferred.
• Ability to lift/carry 25 pounds, required. Manual dexterity, ability to stand, bend, lift and/or reach for extended periods of time, required.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English (verbally and in writing) and follow oral and/or written instructions, required.