Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in the Specialty Engineering Department of Textron System’s Air Domain, but it may serve the Land, Sea and Weapons Domains as well. The Specialty Engineering Department is responsible for Safety, Reliability, Human Factors, and Logistics Engineering activities. This position is for a Subject Matter Expert in Reliability Engineering although experience in the other areas of Specialty Engineering would be a plus.
Visit TextronSystems.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading Reliability Engineering efforts related to one or more programs
- Planning, managing, executing Reliability tasking across design, production and sustainment life cycle phases
- Establishing good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Reliability and Maintainability Allocations and Predictions
- Operational Reliability Modeling and Simulation
- Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS) activity
- Fielded system monitoring and reliability measurement
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Spares Predictions and Level of Repair Analysis (LORA)
- Acting as a Reliability Subject Matter Expert for the Textron Systems organization
- Mentoring other Specialty Engineering personnel
- Other Specialty Engineering analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science fields and a minimum of 9 years experience performing in a similar role
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels of the internal and customer organizations
- Experience with Technical report writing
- Experience with Reliability and Logistics metrics, calculations and statistics
- Knowledge of relevant Military and Industry Reliability standards
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Current or ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Experience with performing Reliability Analysis for military and weapon systems a plus
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.