To receive, expedite and coordinate material from receiving stage to cutting stage. Directs and assists employees to perform such duties ensuring production needs are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates locations of materials to be unloaded.
- Check incoming steel in accordance with receiving procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Directs and assists other employees as required in all phases of material control and handling.
- Move materials and assign locations utilizing overhead cranes and/or forklifts.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and/or 12 months of directly related and stable work experience.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. The employee must occasionally push and/or pull a maximum force of 200 ft-lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Close mental and visual application required to interpret drawings, layout, plan work, and weld. Good judgment in determining best method and procedure to be followed. Able to work on jobs while applying safety rules at all times.
AAP/EEO STATEMENT Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.