Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You can join, as well, Agropur's extended family.
The Shipping and Receiving position is responsible for providing accurate shipping, receiving, sanitation and inventory controls to meet internal standards and external customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow and complete the Master Sanitation Schedule for all warehousing and powder packaging areas within the facility.
- Accurately verify inbound items against the bill of lading to ensure the proper items are received with the proper documentation.
- Properly store the packaging material or ingredient received.
- Conduct trailer inspections upon receipt.
- Unload the trailer
- Pick and stage product for outbound shipments
- Inspect the trailer / container prior to loading
- Properly load the trailer / container as directed
- Complete all outbound shipping documents
- Accurately verify outbound trailer/container against the bill of lading to ensure the proper items are being shipped with the proper documentation.
- Provide accurate inventory count data (physical counts, weekly and annual counts) to the Warehouse lead as requested.
- Revacuum all 640 lb. cheese blocks at the designated age and return to storage.
- Pull all sample cheese blocks for quality testing and grading, then return to storage.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on forklifts to meet operational requirements, informing Warehouse Lead of all repairs needed.
- Assist Powder Packaging position in normal operations, pulling sample product for quality testing/retesting and grading, then returning to storage.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of shipping and receiving experience preferred.
- Forklift, reach/lift truck and pallet jack certification (in-house training for certification provided)
- Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, establish priorities, ability to multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, quality and cleanliness in work.
- Able to exchange basic informational data (fill out forms/checklists, copy data from one record to another, etc.); interview to gather information; advise others on alternatives/options; coach and counsel others; read, understand and explain technical data.
- Dedication to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind.
- Results driven, bottom-line oriented, strives to exceed goals, and motivates self and others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity