Senior Manager, Sales Engineering (EIS)
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That's why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
About the Role
This role will lead a Global Equinix Infrastructure Services (EIS) team in providing technical sales support for the Sales and Sales Engineering organizations in managing new accounts and continuing to grow the existing client base. It will be responsible for developing and executing strategy for Equinix Infrastructure Services for the entire organization.
- Provide strategic technical support for Equinix sales organizations
- Understand goals of the company, then effectively develop and execute strategies to meet those goals
- Solution deals with best possible products and vendors to make our competitive differentiation as advantageous as possible
- Effective team leadership, personnel management and mentorship and communication skills required
- Oversee hiring, focal reviews, compensation, training, and career development for the team
- Work cross-functionally within Equinix to bring additional service awareness to product set, as well as develop collateral for branding and advertising purposes
- Report and analyze on product set, win rate and margin oriented metrics to leadership
- Guide decisions to product set additions and deletion
- Work with partners (internal/external) to devise compelling product offerings with the highest attainable margin rate
- Provide feedback to vendors where appropriate on successes as well as areas for growth and improvement
- Seek out new venues and opportunities to position and sell EIS services.
- Work to improve procurement and fulfillment processes within Equinix
- Medium travel for business purposes, industry events and customer engagement
Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ years of technical sales experience in the high-tech industry
- 4-year degree in sales, marketing or technical field preferred
- Proven track record of sales growth in both new and existing customer base
- 3-5 years sales, technical sales or product marketing experience
- Can do attitude and ability to think in non-linear terms when required
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft office suite
- High motivation level and appetite for fast-paced team environment
- Willing to work outside normal business hours when required
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.