Requisition Number: TEAML01662
1st shift Team Leader with hi lo driving requirements
Under the direct supervision of the Area Manager, will be responsible for planning, setting goals and developing strategies to meet production and plant-wide goals. Will be responsible for and ensure proper safety and efficient production. Will responsible to drive for the area and assist in change overs driving continuous improvement. Must comply with federal and state safety regulations and company policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee the set up and safe operation of department. Delegate authority and responsibility
while maintaining control.
- Organize department for meeting production schedules and quality goals. Coordinate the
efforts of individuals and the department.
- Knowledgeable in the technical aspects of equipment, processes and tools. Will work with other manufacturing, maintenance, tool & die, and management members to assist in the efficient operation of the cell(s) and plants.
- Completes all pertinent paperwork in an accurate and timely manner: up-time sheets,
Production reports, tags, checklists, pareto charts, efficiency reports, etc.
- Teach, train, coach and assist team members in the set-up procedures and audit the teams
- Know and verify the machine parameters including palm button safety.
- Responsible for periodic cycle checks.
- Promote teamwork, quality, and good housekeeping and ensure a safe work environment.
- Able to assist Area Manager in cost saving activities by generating ideas and assisting in
- Has the authority & responsibility to start and stop production operations, to address
operational and quality issues, uses gages and other measuring instruments as required for insuring customer requirements are maintained.
- Complete checklists and pareto charts to document the status of production parts or
machinery, and to directly seek assistance from all available plant resources to ensure the daily operation of the team.
- Responsible to lead daily team meetings in planning and communicating team activities for
- Has the authority and responsibility to coordinate rotation of job assignments for team
- Has the authority and responsibility to evaluate each team member’s performance according
to the evaluation schedule.
- Promotes a positive work environment as well as promotes continuous improvement activities.
- Maintains a safe working environment including the use of PPE, and compliance with all
safety rules and procedures.
- Ensures that all team members adhere to and update as needed, all TS16949 operator and work instructions, tagging, forms and logs to maintain compliance as required.
- Communicates and coordinates the flow of information to and from other areas of the
organization for the team. Coordinates the activities of council members in keeping team members informed and provides opportunities for input.
- Must have problem solving skills and be able to generate unique alternative solutions.
- Must have knowledge of the organization's structure, policy culture, resources and
- Work with area managers in areas of job assignments including performance issues,
maintenance, and inventory needs.
- Maintain cooperative attitudes with employees. Treats all team members with dignity and
- Drive hi lo for the area and be involved in changeovers and changeover reductions.
- Perform any tasks necessary to meet company goals and requirements.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Candidate must successfully pass the required testing and interview process. Good attendance record is required.
Training and experience: Must have high school diploma or the equivalent, and be able to attend a vocational program to complete the necessary training including but not limited to Positive Leadership, Quick Die Change, Team Building, Continuous Improvement, and Kaizen participation. Have good oral and written communication skills.
Ability to lead, train and motivate a team.
MAJOR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Team leader must be able to stand on the concrete floor for the duration of work shift, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, bend to the floor, and use arms and hands. Exert up to 25 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and 5 to 25 pounds of force frequently. Visual precision is needed for visually inspecting parts for quality, reading documents, machine gauges, and precision measuring instruments.
Works in a stamping and assembly factory environment. The employee is subject to high noise levels from operating machines, and physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts, and the press apparatus.
Team leader may be hired to work in a specific area, however, all team leaders are expected to be able to work in all production areas in order to promote productivity, quality and safety.