Under the direct supervision of the Youth Programs Supervisor, the Youth Activity Specialist is responsible for providing community-based summer programs for youth by planning, organizing and implementing activities for youth ages 7 to 17.
The Youth Activity Specialist will supervise, monitor, and participate in all activities including field trips, arts and crafts, sports and games. While doing so, Youth Activity Specialists are expected to serve as an appropriate role model for the children under their care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and organizes youth experience by monitoring a variety of small and large group activities each week. Activities may include sports, games, academic and STEM enrichment, arts and crafts, etc.
- Assists in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, logbook documentation, daily attendance, and communication with youth participant parents or guardians.
- Knows, enforces, and follows all safety guidelines associated with the program and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for youth participant safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email ADACoordinator@bmd.hctx.net
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Six (6) months experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children or in a related field.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Physical ability to lead and participate in program activities.
- Ability to physically manage and support children when needed for safety in general program activities.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks both indoors and outdoors in different climates.
Environmental and Physical Requirements:
This position requires bending, stooping and lifting up to fifty (50) lbs., frequent walking, standing, sitting, reaching, and ascending/descending stairs.
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration. Preferences
- Some College
- Youth Education Town II - 10918 ½ Bentley, Houston TX 77093
- $15.00 hourly
- 1040 hours per year maximum
- Must be available Monday – Friday between 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm during the academic year
- Must be available Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm during months of June and July
- Situations may require additional hours without prior notice
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.