iland is looking for a Cloud Support Engineer (VMware) to deliver support services to iland’s customer base, providing superior customer service.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for technically-capable individuals with anywhere from two to five years of professional experience to take their careers to the next level with the latest in cloud infrastructure technologies. Through extensive hands-on and classroom training with the goal of attaining a variety of certifications, iland provides a fast-track career path for talented individuals in the fields of virtualization, networking, and systems administration.
- Deliver customer and support services via phone and email. Work with other teams, as needed, to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure that each support request assigned to you is handled according to our Service Level Agreement (SLA) and that you provide the highest possible level of customer service, setting the right expectations throughout the process.
- Document your work in a detailed and comprehensive manner. Prioritize your work to assist customers with the most important and severe requests first. Take a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying and correcting customer satisfaction concerns before they become problems.
- Participate in on-call support rotation.
- All other duties as assigned
The following skills represent the minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree, technical or computer-related degree preferred
- 2-5+ years of experience as a technical support representative, hands-on troubleshooting a plus
- Experience with Windows administration (Server, IIS, SQL, AD, etc.) and/or Linux server administration
- Understanding of virtualization technologies, such as VMware, OpenStack, AWS, etc.
- Understanding of cloud-based infrastructure services, such as IaaS and DRaaS
- Excellent communicator, high energy, positive attitude, aptitude for professional growth
- Must be detail- and goal-oriented with demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills
- Ability to pursue positive outcomes for assigned tasks independently
The following skills represent additional proficiencies preferred to be successful in this position:
- Network administration experience
- Experience in a troubleshooting role
- Certifications from VMware, Microsoft, or Cisco