About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tampa Bay, FL (2021), and Jacksonville, FL (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
Role Mission: The Vice President of School Development is responsible for superior performance of schools, strong coordination between national teams and regional teams, and organizational improvement that leads to success in our mission. Mainly, the VP of School Development coaches and supports Vice Presidents of Schools throughout the organization to ensure alignment across regions and strong support for principals and schools.
100% of Graduates Matriculates to a College/University
- Communicate and monitor progress towards goal with VPs of Schools, school Principals, and the college success team
- Publicly celebrate bright spots in college application process and acceptances
- Support VPs of Schools in leading and participating in College Matriculation phone calls throughout the summer and fall season
- Work closely with the college success team at the national level
90% Student Persistence
- Collaborate with national leaders on strategies, materials, and resource allocation for goal management
- Analyze data reports and make strategic decisions to address both org wide and regional needs.
- Provide coaching to VPs of schools to improve results specific to persistence and culture.
- Design, provide feedback, and execute on strategic plans and trainings for persistence
- Ensure that each region has strong operating mechanisms to monitor and follow up with persistence and that those operating mechanisms are proficiently implemented
- Create strong culture across all schools in the organization by leading the HQ School Culture Committee and School Culture Advisory Committee
- Train VPs and principals on the IDEA School Culture Components
- Observe and provide feedback on school culture throughout the organization
90% VP of Schools retention
- Build strong relationships with all VPs of Schools
- Keep VPs informed and updated on organization wide information, priorities, and events.
- Create and update the VP Playbook and monthly priorities
- Create opportunities for VPs to share feedback and advocate on behalf of the VP team
- Provide exemplary coaching and development of VPs of Schools through one-on-one touch points and in field support
- Lead VP quarterly collaboration meetings
- Coordinate weekly tactical meetings
IDEA Texas earns an A Rating on State Accountability
- Provide targeted coaching and development of VPs such as observing VPs in principal check-ins, coaching conversations, and data meetings.
- Join VPs and campus lead teams for instructional rounds and provide feedback.
- Provide feedback to VPs on their principal collaboration agenda monthly to ensure alignment and support for this goal.
- Track organization wide student assessment data on a weekly basis
- Coordinate alignment of Progress Toward Goals meetings and data conversations.
- Support VPs with school review for priority schools
- Mission Focus – focuses on IDEA’s core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Managing Others to Deliver Results -- leads team to achieve measurable and ambitious results
- Instructional Leadership – leads instructional staff to improve their teaching quickly and measurably through observations, coaching, data conversations, and effective evaluations
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Coaching & Developing – develops team through formal and informal methods; makes professional development a top priority
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s preferred
- Principal and VP of Schools or principal management experience required
- Lives and embodies the values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students can get to and through college
- Is driven by meaningful outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Prioritizes quality learning for both students and adults
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization, and actively self-reflects on gaps.
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes